Paint work scratches- how to remedy? Cut and polish? what exactly does a cut and polish do to the paint?

911virgin

• 8 months later...
On 03/05/2018 at 15:11, Lucky Phil said:

@911virginDO NOT do this yourself if you are at all worried.  Just go to JB in Glen Iris or go to my man, Anthony in Moorabbin.  Can be fixed in no time.  My guy will also advise you what not to do next time and when you can fix yourself vs when it needs professional advice.

If you cut soft black paint you could end up making it cloudy or worse still cut too far.  There are do it yourself products out there but these are generally cover ups and the marks will reappear after a few washes.

If you want to see how well paint can be restored Google Jim White who does marvellous work in the UK.  His videos are addictive.

Where is Anthony in Moorabbin car detailed?

if you are in the northern suburbs you can bring it past and i can have a quick look at it and tell you if you need a sand, cut and polish or just a cut and polish. I pretty much did my drivers side when i bought car using a proper Dual Action buffer and really good cutting compound. It was dull blue but now its really deep ocean blue.

Archived