R34 or R8

1 minute ago, OZ930 said:

So no VSpec 2s left in Aus? We are getting plundered....again.

Build quality does leave a bit to be desired...no undercoat, thin paint. no anti corrosion.  Only built for the legal life in Japan.  Good for a car coming from a country where they salt the roads.  Son's car is garaged 90% of the time and pampered.

Yes,  it's beyond the dollars.

I was a newbie  to that opportunity probably  2-3 years ago , I know of some holding and storing them , like 5-20 cars, having paid 7-15k for cars.. a few years back. Good luck if you have the storage.  I did 3 , to see if it had any legs as an 

I can only speak from my own expereince Aus cars R32's can sell 60k + , dreamers are at 80k.   For a rare like my Vpsec 2 , JDM - 35-55K Vpec 2 , Im talking R32s cos thats what I have followed.  I had thought mid 60's but sold in the end low 50's .  There is the occasional 20k car to be stolen lying around here in Aus still , but to export you want to put 10k into them and maybe sel and may make a 5-10k profit.

The volume of sales here in no way defines a market , its very very small and a selct group of buyers in my view.    Good cars though..

Im sure it will be the same  with R34 eventually but again in the R32 arena , steering wheels , dashes and seats are also becoming harder to come by , a R32 wheel $500-3k again depending on what end of the market your restoring or wanting to sell into .

I have also seen lots and lots of chassis rail rust, as well as dodgy paint and some just have been way too modded , the engines are hardy but some of these cars probably too far gone.

The US have their own channels into Japan now and have as such pushed the market probably 30% + on the auction floor maybe more.

Maybe buy the sons car as investment and go shares in the R8 ;) pool your money and split the fun and the profits

I was/am a hobby buyer just happened get into a buying frenzy when an auction  was going my week during golden week in Japan , their public holiday and they didnt want to take th cars back to the owners and wanted the out the sale yard.

Like all markets even our own.. I sense the frenzy is slowing and as you can see without repeating myself too much the fabled big sale mine at 65k for a faultless car ended up with a mildly crushed ego and 52k in the pocket

3 hours ago, symsy said:

I have sold 3 GTR's one to the UK and another to the US-- America definately offers opportuniy if your looking to make a buck.  I just parted with the last  R32 Vpec 2 in AUS a few months back.

Good GTR's like many JDM cars are getting thinner and thinner on the ground and do not have the build quality so , early 90s cars getting worse and worse in terms of condition.

R34 are likely to become more and more collectable , but I think the Audi is a super nice driving car and a far different proposition.. For me personally I would keep and Audi but thats beyond the dollars

I didn't realise you were a GT-R man @symsy! Seems like quite a few of us on these forums have dabbled in Japanese from time to time...

52 minutes ago, spiller said:

I didn't realise you were a GT-R man @symsy! Seems like quite a few of us on these forums have dabbled in Japanese from time to time...

If its got wheels and squeals mate..  

@reggiegums and @Pork Chops  got em too … we all dabble in the dark sides of the force too

Archived