Buying a 986

Daly87

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been to test drive the black 2.7, the gearbox is much nicer than the few Ss I have driven. My take this time was that the S can be in any gear and it goes, the base needs to be in the right gear for a quick get a way. Made an offer on it, and he is thinking about it. Nice car with all the right work done, he does all the work himself and even shown me the old clutch, pressure plate etc, AOS, IMS that he has taken out too. Has all receipts for parts nicely filed away, I like that, exactly how I organise my own cars.

30 minutes ago, Daly87 said:

Just been to test drive the black 2.7, the gearbox is much nicer than the few Ss I have driven. My take this time was that the S can be in any gear and it goes, the base needs to be in the right gear for a quick get a way. Made an offer on it, and he is thinking about it. Nice car with all the right work done, he does all the work himself and even shown me the old clutch, pressure plate etc, AOS, IMS that he has taken out too. Has all receipts for parts nicely filed away, I like that, exactly how I organise my own cars.

The 996 is the same, it doesn't like being in the wrong gear. Anyway good luck keep us posted - sounds like you're close! 

4 minutes ago, Daly87 said:

Hey @LeeM

did you take a look at the car when you was in buik? I have tried calling Craig a few times but didn’t get through. Decided to email instead.

I did have a quick look and it presents well mate. I asked him a little about it and said you would be calling him. Send me your number and I'll pass it onto Craig

Archived