Buying a 986

Daly87

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, dan_189 said:

I'm confused or maybe I haven't been keeping up, are you both looking for a 986 in NSW @Fishcop @Daly87 ??

We are - but this Daly87's thread... I'm helping spend his money ;) 

I'm in mid-north NSW... I'm predominantly looking from Newcastle through to my old home base of Brisbane.

45 minutes ago, dan_189 said:

I'm confused or maybe I haven't been keeping up, are you both looking for a 986 in NSW @Fishcop @Daly87 ??

Im just looking for a 986 S, location NSW would be perfect but I am not against interstate buying. Ideally Melbourne or Brisbane as its not too bad of a drive back from there.

22 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

We are - but this Daly87's thread... I'm helping spend his money ;) 

haha spending other peoples money is great :D

56 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

But if journeying to Melbourne, has anyone had a look at this one?

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Boxster-2001/SSE-AD-5310826/?Cr=14 

I have mate (think I have investigated nearly everything out there!) I have interior pictures for you and extra details if you want them.

Summary - seats and centre arm rest are not what I would expect from a 100k's, rest looks good though.
mechanic has noted the clutch may need replacing soon
water pump and alternator have been replaced.

26 minutes ago, Daly87 said:

I have mate (think I have investigated nearly everything out there!) I have interior pictures for you and extra details if you want them.

Summary - seats and centre arm rest are not what I would expect from a 100k's, rest looks good though.
mechanic has noted the clutch may need replacing soon
water pump and alternator have been replaced.

I'm probably not keen enough to travel to Melbs just yet - but I do like the colour combo.  Arm twist down to very low $20s and factor in clutch and IMS solution...?

58 minutes ago, 86driver said:

Really? damn... and here I was thinking it was some rich guy who was going to let it go for cheap..

I guess if they’ve run enough scams they might be rich by now ?

@Daly87 there's a yellow 986S just been listed on Porsche Boxster Australia Facebook page, 79,500 kms for $25,500.  In Victoria.  May be worth checking out if you haven't seen it yet........  sorry noy savvy enough on tablet co p y & paste to work out how to post the details here?

1 minute ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

@Daly87 there's a yellow 986S just been listed on Porsche Boxster Australia Facebook page, 79,500 kms for $25,500.  In Victoria.  May be worth checking out if you haven't seen it yet........  sorry noy savvy enough on tablet co p y & paste to work out how to post the details here?

Thanks! I think it would be this one on gumtree http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/lilydale/cars-vans-utes/porsche-boxter-s-3-2-low-kms/1186138045?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

yellow is just not for me, which is a shame because there are two or three great examples of speed yellow for sale. 

There was a really nice black one for sale in Vic a few days ago, contacted the owner all checked out and I was convinced I was making the purchase - sadly it’s the misses birthday this week and we had a holiday in Fiji booked so was to hard to coordinate PPI, deposits etc. it was sold to the first person to come and view it ??

Yep that's the one.  Funny how we either love or hate a colour.  I'd have a speed yellow P car in a heartbeat, but no way I'd have a black one.   But we have 2 x seal grey cars - 987S and 996.2 C2.  Good luck with finding the right car!!☺

15 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Yep that's the one.  Funny how we either love or hate a colour.  I'd have a speed yellow P car in a heartbeat, but no way I'd have a black one.   But we have 2 x seal grey cars - 987S and 996.2 C2.  Good luck with finding the right car!!☺

So true, colour is a very personal thing. I just can’t put my finger on it for the Boxster, I feel it makes it look too feminine. However a speed yellow on an old air cooled 911 is beautiful to me! I know the cars I am looking at are not expensive in the Pcar world but it is to my and my misses, so when’s it’s emptying my bank account I best make sure I love it ?

I love the seal grey! Would snap up a Boxster in that colour.

1 hour ago, Daly87 said:

So true, colour is a very personal thing. I just can’t put my finger on it for the Boxster, I feel it makes it look too feminine. However a speed yellow on an old air cooled 911 is beautiful to me! I know the cars I am looking at are not expensive in the Pcar world but it is to my and my misses, so when’s it’s emptying my bank account I best make sure I love it ?

I love the seal grey! Would snap up a Boxster in that colour.

I think I'd agree with you on a pale yellow, but the full bodied Speed Yellow is perhaps a bit more dramatic???  My wife's 987 (her daily) is Seal Grey with a full leather Terracotta interior.  We think that colour combo is fantastic, which was the icing on the cake for making the decision to buy that car, but I'm sure there's others who wouldn't be so keen.....  As you said, it's your $$ being spent, so make sure you get what you're (both) happy with ?

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

hardtoppark

I fell in love with the speed yellow colour...., first P car I had driven and then purchased.  

Novelty of the colour wore off after a couple of years.

Sold it three years ago....Now looking back at it.....I think I love it again.

2 hours ago, Daly87 said:

Thanks! I think it would be this one on gumtree http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/lilydale/cars-vans-utes/porsche-boxter-s-3-2-low-kms/1186138045?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

yellow is just not for me, which is a shame because there are two or three great examples of speed yellow for sale. 

There was a really nice black one for sale in Vic a few days ago, contacted the owner all checked out and I was convinced I was making the purchase - sadly it’s the misses birthday this week and we had a holiday in Fiji booked so was to hard to coordinate PPI, deposits etc. it was sold to the first person to come and view it ??

It is a shame Daly, that one sounds like it could be worth a look, manual too...

5 minutes ago, Niko said:

hardtoppark

I fell in love with the speed yellow colour...., first P car I had driven and then purchased.  

Novelty of the colour wore off after a couple of years.

Sold it three years ago....Now looking back at it.....I think I love it again.

It is a shame Daly, that one sounds like it could be worth a look, manual too...

put some 911 R style yellow stripes on the black beast.

25 minutes ago, Daly87 said:

$18k for a 2.5 with 180km on the clock... am I missing something?

Sorry, my comment was directed to the colour rather than the price. $18k is the asking, sure it could be had for a reasonable price

Archived