FUCHS Wheels, German TUV approved, new shipment

Hi All,

I have a new shipment of Fuchs and CUP 1 wheels in stock.

Available in-

15x6,7,8 with black centre and RSR finish.

16x7, 8, 9 with black centre.

CUP 1 in 17x7.5 and 17x9.

All my wheels are German TUV approved for fitment to Porsche vehicles and come with these documents.

Welcome to view or contact me anytime for more details.

Phone 0412 622 080

Cheers,

Cameron 

So they are NOT the Fuchs brand that you are advertising , is that correct ?  , if they are the aftermarket copy brand of Maxilite  , I might get you to check the "same weight " claim as well , because there appears to be a difference in the weights

Here are the specs 

Genuine Fuchs Forged 15" x 7 "   = 4.8KG   , the Maxilite copy of the 15" X 7"  = 6.3KG  ( way off )

Genuine Fuchs Forged 15" x 8"   = 6.6KG  , the Maxilite copy of the 15" x 8 "   = 6.8KG ( close but not the same )

Genuine Fuchs Forged 16" x 7"  = 6.4KG  , the Maxilite copy of the 16" x 7"   = 7.4KG   ( way off )

Genuine Fuchs Forged 16" x 8"  = 7.0KG , the Maxilite copy of the 16" x 8 "   = 7.9KG   ( ditto )

Genuine Fuchs Forged 16" x 9 "  = 7.7 KG , the Maxilite copy of the 16" x 9"  = 8.3 KG   ( ditto )

The above Fuchs ( Forged ) weights are are result of my spec weight measurements data from working on Porsche cars for 41 years , the Maxilite weights I obtained from the Maxilite website 

Can I get you to double check the Maxilite weights  , because I know you are not trying to deceive , I am sure its just a fundamental mistake 

They are the Maxilite Brand and I meant to write "similar weight".

I based my "similar weight" comment on some specs I had seen previously where some sizes were listed as almost identical to the Genuine Fuchs.

May have had some incorrect info.

In anycase I'm not trying to fool anyone that I am selling Genuine new Fuchs wheels in the sizes I listed.

I'll be sure to add "replica wheel" next time.

Just to add, my info on Fuchs wheel weights came from the Rennlist site which I thought would be accurate.

I have bought multiple sets of these wheels for race/rally purposes. If you want to retain the original look of your car they are an excellent option....they are significantly cheaper than original Fuchs, extremely strong & Cameron is excellent to deal with...

Cheers

Matt

On 5/15/2018 at 6:42 PM, Buchanan Automotive said:

So they are NOT the Fuchs brand that you are advertising , is that correct ?  , if they are the aftermarket copy brand of Maxilite  , I might get you to check the "same weight " claim as well , because there appears to be a difference in the weights

Here are the specs 

Genuine Fuchs Forged 15" x 7 "   = 4.8KG   , the Maxilite copy of the 15" X 7"  = 6.3KG  ( way off )

Genuine Fuchs Forged 15" x 8"   = 6.6KG  , the Maxilite copy of the 15" x 8 "   = 6.8KG ( close but not the same )

Genuine Fuchs Forged 16" x 7"  = 6.4KG  , the Maxilite copy of the 16" x 7"   = 7.4KG   ( way off )

Genuine Fuchs Forged 16" x 8"  = 7.0KG , the Maxilite copy of the 16" x 8 "   = 7.9KG   ( ditto )

Genuine Fuchs Forged 16" x 9 "  = 7.7 KG , the Maxilite copy of the 16" x 9"  = 8.3 KG   ( ditto )

The above Fuchs ( Forged ) weights are are result of my spec weight measurements data from working on Porsche cars for 41 years , the Maxilite weights I obtained from the Maxilite website 

Can I get you to double check the Maxilite weights  , because I know you are not trying to deceive , I am sure its just a fundamental mistake 

Just to be clear Bruce I did actually write "about the same weight"  in my post.

Thanks for your info,

Cheers

Cameron

I think anyone who read carefully would understand that the use of the word “Fuchs” was descriptive rather than being in the nature of an appellation.

The response to the question “cast copy” with yes, they’re a cast wheel made it even more clear I would have thought.

The discussion and detail about weight is illuminating but I don’t actually see the point other than perhaps a semantic one.  Also, I’m thinking wheel weight is not a consideration for anyone in real terms.  For a road car, I defy anyone to notice the difference.  Certainly not at the quoted weight differences.

I have a set of these wheels which I run from time to time on my 72 S in place of the originals that I have for the car.

They’re a very good product and in real terms and on safety, probably superior to the original forged given they are now getting so old and depending on the version and year built, prone to cracking.

Hi Cameron ,with you're Australian based business being a representative / agent for Maxilite   it would be wise to not use the registered brand name of Fuchs ( Fuchsfelge) particularly when you advertise them as Fuchs with no mention of any other brand , in this case Maxilite 

The heading of this entire Advertising thread  is }   FUCHS wheels ( capital letters ) with No other brand mentioned

I am actually trying to save you from yourself , the ACCC  ( Australian Competition & Consumer Commission states very clearly from their website  the following }

False or misleading claims

There are laws in place to protect you from being misled about the products and services you buy. Businesses are not allowed to make statements that are incorrect or likely to create a false impression.      . End of Quote

The above is referring to a consumer / customer

When I asked you a simple question ( see above posts ) }  are these cast copies of the forged Fuchs wheels or are they genuine Fuchs wheels ?

The reply was deceptive , still no mention of the brand you are selling & you mentioned "They Are the Same Weight " , again deceptive

On 5/15/2018 at 5:57 PM, Classic Wheels Australia said:

These are low pressure cast wheels rather than forged although about the same weight as a forged wheel.

They are also very strong as required to pass German TUV requirements.

To save your self & even the owners of this web site from Government big brother consumer protection stuff,  you have to stop doing this , its completely counter productive , let the brand Maxilite stand on its own two feet , it does not need to be hanging onto the apron strings of a registered company  Fuchsfelge , known commonly as Fuchs

Regards
Bruce B

3 hours ago, Buchanan Automotive said:

Hi Cameron ,with you're Australian based business being a representative / agent for Maxilite   it would be wise to not use the registered brand name of Fuchs ( Fuchsfelge) particularly when you advertise them as Fuchs with no mention of any other brand , in this case Maxilite 

The heading of this entire Advertising thread  is }   FUCHS wheels ( capital letters ) with No other brand mentioned

I am actually trying to save you from yourself , the ACCC  ( Australian Competition & Consumer Commission states very clearly from their website  the following }

False or misleading claims

There are laws in place to protect you from being misled about the products and services you buy. Businesses are not allowed to make statements that are incorrect or likely to create a false impression.      . End of Quote

The above is referring to a consumer / customer

When I asked you a simple question ( see above posts ) }  are these cast copies of the forged Fuchs wheels or are they genuine Fuchs wheels ?

The reply was deceptive , still no mention of the brand you are selling & you mentioned "They Are the Same Weight " , again deceptive

To save your self & even the owners of this web site from Government big brother consumer protection stuff,  you have to stop doing this , its completely counter productive , let the brand Maxilite stand on its own two feet , it does not need to be hanging onto the apron strings of a registered company  Fuchsfelge , known commonly as Fuchs

Regards
Bruce B

Hi Bruce

I think that your conclusions about what Cameron is said to be doing are a little off the mark.  

I say that as someone who’s been in the relevant game for over 30 years.

To be honest, I also find the tone of your posts unnecessarily blunt.  

You’ve made your point.  

What Cameron does now is a matter for him.  

I think if Cameron inserted the word "style" after FUCHS, then that would make it perfectly clear that these were not FUCHS (the manufacturer) but what is commonly referred to as FUCHS (style) wheels

Archived