Datsun 1600 Appreciation Thread

Must be exactly like mine.  My rego was KSL178 but mine had head rests on the seats.  $25,000 though 🤔   Also the advert for Simplicity Funerals I am taking as a sign not to do it.  The slogan "It's your funeral" springs to mind.

• 1 month later...
On 29/05/2021 at 12:52, Lucky Phil said:

Must be exactly like mine.  My rego was KSL178 but mine had head rests on the seats. 

My orange 1971 Datsun 1600 rego was KUW 435... So miss that car! :(

13 hours ago, Niko said:

B9D0B90B-1121-450F-962B-41B6A553856C.thumb.png.e29182386608914d40288801f3b72052.png

This car used to belong to a mate of mine in WA back in the early 70's.   this is a photo of it below, with my old Datto trailing behind, at Wanneroo probably about 1975 ish, in the street class racing.   I met the current owner at the Island a few years ago, and he still has the original CAMS log book from the 70's confirming identity of the car.  DATTO's just go on and on and on....

...893377932_HOPEY90.thumb.jpg.9d37100b2a60ef9006687db7d121aaff.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@OZ930 unfortunately I think that one sold a while back as was definitely listed on Gumtree and pretty sure also Carsales a while back.

Edit: just checked Sunrise Cars and it is still listed there so if interested it would be good to call and confirm. I still would love a Coupe one day but couldn't justify paying over double what I just bought my sedan for.

I have been following the JDM auctions and a few recent coupes have sold for around $42K. Add on shipping, taxes etc it soon adds up! 

Washed twice then Aqua Wax this afternoon. Definitely a 10 footer.  Has been resprayed recently but on closer inspection I expect it will need some work dealing with rust properly in the next couple of years.

Engine shot - flame suit pulled on in case Niko comments. ;)

IMG_20211123_185450200.thumb.jpg.90020c8f7fdcafc6aa6163ad4517e9a5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, tomo said:

So that's the work truck, Is it any faster spending time in a parking lot lot with the Dato :)

No, but it's strangely faster now that I've had a new cooling system fitted and engine flush that's for sure! 😁

I was parked up getting my Banh Mi pork rolls mate. Nice Datto this one

• 4 weeks later...