steering wheel boss compatibility

brian in buddina

We generally only install Momo steering wheels or genuine Porsche  so I have no listing on Autotecnica steering wheel hubs , but I can give you what Momo hubs fit

Here is a quick summary of Momo steering wheel hubs  }

911 1965 - 1973                                    =  0230

911 1974 - 1989                                     = L 231

964 ( 1990 > )   & 944 ( 1986 - 1992 ) = 7004

924 & 944 > 1985                                  = 8010

928                                                          = 7005

Bruce Buchanan

no worries LeeM

it looks like the autotecnica & momo use the same bolt pattern. I think I have seen an adapter/spacer that makes it work between diiferent steering whhel bolt patterns. But it looks like it won't fit anyway.

Bet ya @MFX could make it fit and do an episode on it! Its only time, equipment & SKILL

A lot of wheel boss' have the same 70mm pcd (hole to hole on the wheel) like Sparco and a few others do. I have a suede Autotechnica wheel from Supercheap on my Momo boss. The difference with some wheels, is Momo has a hole at 12 o'clock when fitted to the boss like mine does, yet others have them at 10 to 2. If any wheel has the same 70mm pcd yet a hole NOT at 12 o'clock, all you have to do is locate the boss on the column spine differently....if that makes any sense to you ?

Stupid questions:

other than the momo hub adapter, 7004, are no other parts are required? 

With the depth of the adapter, and no dish on the wheel, I'm wondering if there is a change to the loation of the steering wheel from stock.

I am unable to find the depth of the new 7004 part & compare it to my existing set up depth.

anal or ocd?

Archived