987 Factory Exhaust modified internally

TonyGentilcore

I've owned my 2006 Cayman S since March and was keen to make it sound sportier using the factory mufflers. I was not keen to send mine overseas and pay the crazy rates for shipping both ways so after researching I've made the internal mods required and very happy with the result. Sporty and better gas flow with no drone.

I should have some sound/video clips ready to post next week if anyone is interested.

Keen to know more, mate. I'm currently in talks with a certain Belgian exhaust modifier, but the additional costs/exchange rates is making me think twice. I have a mate who can chop/weld, so I would love to hear more (both in context and some videos)

Would be interested to hear what you do.  I am, however, fairly happy with the exhaust note our 987.1 Boxster makes from standard setup - perhaps it's just that much easier to hear through the fabric hood of the Boxster, compared to my 996.2 Coupe which I am definitely modifying the exhaust of...  Pretty sure my wife wouldn't let me modify the Boxster anyway seeing as it is her daily drive  ?

• 1 month later...

Have completed our R&D on this project and we can offer two options for 987 Cayman S models.

This video shows exhaust sound comparison of Stock, Mild and Loud. (a louder raspier sound can also be achieved at customer's request) The two options here both offer a tastefully sporty sound and better gas flow without drone! In order you will hear: Cold Start, Warm Rev Up and Drive Away of all three.

https://youtu.be/7c4YbU8IVww

Have added more details to our web site

Look forward to any comments

987.1 Boxster S should be exactly the same. (non S are different)

Anyway, there is a way of telling once you have the mufflers off the car. If that's an option let me know and I can explain further.

Alternatively, that last system in the video will be for sale soon.

Feel free to call me tomorrow on 0408 964217

Archived