mObridge bluetooth stopped working

Orion03

My 997 has a mObridge bluetooth unit installed and it was all working fine, then I got into an accident, minor fender bender on the front left corner, and the bluetooth was still working. But after the panel beater changed the front bumper and the left guard, the mObridge has stopped working. And the PCM can't find the CD changer either.

Any ideas? my next step is to check the fuses, The CD changer ejects the cassette, but the PCM doesn't see the CD changer, reports No CD changer on screen.

Here's hoping the group has some idea.

The Panel beater says he didn't touch the area around the CD changer.

Thanks.

With my mObridge kit, they installed a tiny black relay switch you can turn off and on. Mine was installed just under the dash near  where my left knee would be (drivers side)

The switch is used to turn off the unit so your diagnostics can be run without the MObridge interfering when you have your service.

Maybe.. just maybe that has been switched off? Failing that, loose connection or fuse sounds like it could be a diagnosis. Assuming you've tried the troubleshooting 101 stuff...? Disconnect and reconnect Bluetooth a few times, Make sure the media volume is all the way up on your phone/device (I've been caught out on that a couple times thinking it was broken.. !)

Link to full manual

https://www.rgsound.it/prodotti/atch/20150513155836_M2_PRO_MOST.pdf

Bypass Switch The bypass switch is provided to allow for the mObridge unit to become ‘invisible’ on the MOST vehicle bus system. The main use of this function is to facilitate dealer services when the diagnostic computer is in use and to ensure the mObridge unit does not interfere with the vehicle diagnostics. The function can be enabled by toggling this switch 5 times. Once the bypass feature has been activated, the MOST bus will be broken for 2 seconds and the feature cannot be activated again for a further 10 seconds. Once the bypass switch has been activated, it will remain activated across power cycles until the bypass is de-activated by toggling the switch again 5 times within a 5 sec time frame

GOOD LUCK!

I have never seen that bypass switch. Thank you for the tip I'll have to hunt around for it.

My PCM doesn't even see the CD changer at the moment, so I don't have any bluetooth at all.

Looks like I'll be spending some time looking hard for a tiny black switch.

Thanks again for the information

On 5/30/2018 at 12:33 PM, 911 Snake said:

With my mObridge kit, they installed a tiny black relay switch

Snake! Buddy! You did it. the black relay was the issue, they must have bumped it when cleaning the car. I flipped it on and off 5 times and the system is now working again.

Thank you for your kind help

Archived