My 993 will soon have a friend..

That's entirely possible - once I have her here... although here's a teaser pic... not her original colour though, so she will be returning to Leaf Green!

IMG_4899.JPG

And I've bought proper side mirrors already to replace those monstrosities...!

• 2 weeks later...

A few details... the car was originally US delivered, but imported to Australia mid 70's and converted to RHD. COA from PCA confirms matching numbers and that Fuchs were optioned (although it has deep vs the original which would have been shallow apparently). It spent most of its time in northern NSW until a few years back when it was sold to a bloke in Adelaide. It was "resale red" when he got it, and we're not sure exactly when that happened. It needs some rust repair to the front pan/LH battery area (hint: storage should not involve hooking up 2x truck batteries in series!!) and a top-end rebuild (poor leak-down on one cylinder). After that's done I'll drive it back to Sydney and start planning for the rest of the work. The interior is original (thus tired), apart from the radio for which I've already sourced a Frankfurt. The list of "little things" that need replacing/work is extensive, so this won't be an overnight project.

Any recommendations for painting appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived