CDR-220 Radio for 996 986 etc

bear924

The buttons on my CDR-220 radio in my 996 are peeling which makes the radio look like sh*t!. Googling around I haven't been able to find a source of new buttons and was wondering if anyone knows of a source or have repaired this issue in other ways?

If anyone happens to have a CDR-220 with good buttons they would like to sell, I might also be interested in buying. Don't mind if the radio doesn't work as the plan would be to transplant the buttons into my working, yet ugly radio. 

I mixed a concentrated dish washing liquid with a little water and soaked them for a few days then wiped the slime off with a chux. It gets tacky but comes off. 4 years later still fine.

I know you can buy them though. 

Thanks for everyone's suggestions so far. My problem isn't the rubbery knobs. My issue is the buttons along the top (power etc). They are delaminating. I understand this was a warranty issue back in the day, however I'm not sure Porsche will cough up now!!

@bear924 I have my working CDR-22 (not a 220 so not sure what that difference is) sitting the garage (and also the code card so it can be unlocked again :)) after i did the change to a touch screen set up a month or so back.

Photo of what mine looks like, not totally sure if the buttons are the same and my knob buttons which can be replaced with ebay UK ones need replacing. PM me if your still looking for one. (Just looked at ebay prices in the US for these, WTF... those are stupid prices)

XwZr7j1.jpg

Cheers,

Taffy

Cool! A google suggests that the only difference between a CDR-22 and a CDR-220 is the radio frequencies they can pick up. I'm not convinced that's the case, however the buttons in your pic look much better than mine. PM will be sent in a moment!!?

Archived