Seriously fast crash

I watched it live. Thought he was a goner for sure. Marc Marquez had a similar crash at the same spot a year or 2 ago at the same speed. Fastest recorded speed there is 345kph, but who cares, that was bloody huge whatever speed it was! All he got was a few bruises and a dislocated shoulder. I've crashed at over 200 on a bike, and trust me here, it burns your arse!! Maybe footballers should watch that and harden up a bit when they get a love tap on the shins ?

320 ks and for some reason he jammed the front brakes for a moment -  brake problem? Or total misjudgement? So easily misjudged as braking was coming up a second later yet we never see brakes jambed on like that skidding the front straight up for 3 or 4 metres, glad he broke nothing but his pride

23 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

320 ks and for some reason he jammed the front brakes for a moment -  brake problem? Or total misjudgement? So easily misjudged as braking was coming up a second later yet we never see brakes jambed on like that skidding the front straight up for 3 or 4 metres, glad he broke nothing but his pride

Reckon they're on a bit of a lean when braking there, yet it was a big grab of brakes

I rode at Mugello last July on a Ducati Superleggera and Chaz Davies WSBK Panigale. I was not quite hitting 300kmh on the straight and the Ducati instructors were leaving me for dead and still at WOT. He seemed to hit his breaking marker ok. I think we may end up hearing there was either a problem with the front brakes or something happened following the front end shake as he come over the crest. We weren’t getting front end shake here but we were about 60kmh slower!. Pirro is a very experienced Ducati test rider and is very well practiced at that track so definitely something strange here.

The track is actually a lot tougher in real life then it looks on TV. It’s quite steep in places, including the downhill chicane where if you have come in with too much speed you need to be brave and stay off the brakes as its too late to try and wash off speed between the downhill corners. The Ducati test riders could ride one handed on a stock Panigale and still overtake us on the WSBK Panigale!

1 minute ago, Sydduc said:

I think we may end up hearing there was either a problem with the front brakes

Pirro is a very experienced Ducati test rider and is very well practiced at that track so definitely something strange here.

Just heard on the Fix coverage he had brake problems and grabbed a big handfull. Bit of a tank slapper threw the caliper pistons out maybe? Not the first time that would have happened  

How's Pedrosa's head bobbing around from the wind! ?

Archived