Porsche suspends the sale of all new cars

German newspapers are reporting that Porsche has just suspended the sale of new cars (at least in Europe) due to a problem meeting the European emission standard . . .what a monumental cock up!

(you'll need to Google translate this article)

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/wirtschaft/unternehmen/f-a-z-exklusiv-porsche-stellt-verkauf-von-neuwagen-ein-15617978.html?GEPC=s3

The news just hit Twitter too.  And here's the article in English:

https://sputniknews.com/business/201806011065018948-porsche-stops-sales-in-europe/

I have been told by the local dealers that Porsche has been trying to build and deliver all Euro delivery cars before the end of July or at least before the end of the current model build cycle (September) to get ahead of the curve before the emissions changes.   That impacted delivery of rest of world cars and I was told mine was coming late this year or even early next.  

Then I’m told about 3 weeks ago that my car is being built in July and looking at September delivery.  So, Porsche not being a pack of dumb arses will I suspect have done what they needed to do on current orders and be managing production runs so that they get the “new” Euro spec emissions engines built to slot into Euro cars whilst they are building ROW cars.

No chance they’ll stop production. 

You can still configure your local car.  I just tried. Amazing how much shite you can stuff into a Carrera Targe 4S ... got the on road to 435K.  And no, that’s not what I’m buying. 

The Euro 6 emissions standard is affecting a lot of engines. We buy hundreds of engines each year.  Euro diesels are undergoing massive changes, ultimately resulting in derated power ratings.  The days of running industrial diesel engines on alternative fuels are just about over 

28 minutes ago, turboT said:

build thread?

I don't have any work photos on my phone, but we use bucket loads of engines from Deutz, Cummins, Scania, Volvo, Kubota, Perkins, Perkins KVT gas, and PSI gas.  Last year we used over 400 PSI engines in 3.0, 4.3 & 5.7L. Probably around 520 engines in total for the year. I've got a project of 12 machines  at the moment with 8.8L gas engines. 

Actually, I could do a build thread on one. When we get something out of the ordinary come up I'll start it. 

Archived