FS - 1971 911E Project

So I have decided to move this project on.

1971 911E Aussie Delivered numbers matching.
I purchased it last year completely disassembled after being painted in grand prix white where it sat in a garage for 20 years.
It had an aftermarket sunroof and rear flares, the sunroof has been in filled with a fenn lane panel and the rear flares replaced with correct narrow ones.
The car was sandblasted back to bare metal and repainted in it's original Conda Green.

Did I mention completely disassembled, this includes the engine which was in 3 plastic tubs.
The engine is currently undergoing rebuild at Autowerks, case has been line bored and time certed, hardware plated but still needs plenty of work to be done. Simon at Autowerks can provide more detail.

Rebuilt S calipers have been added to the front and rear calipers rebuilt and all hardware re plated.. Brake lines replaced.
Original wiring harness is complete however front need to be refitted.
Refurbed flat 6s sourced from the US with new Pirelli CN36 tyres.

To my knowledge nearly all of the original parts are there including some new parts that I bought, door handles, badges, cables , bushes, some rubbers etc.
Original H1s are currently being refurbed by John Audette and I also tracked down a correct blaupunkt radio.
There are no front seats, carpets, door cards or door pockets but the hard to get handles are there.

It owes me $105k so that is the price (firm) which includes the engine in it's current state.
If I can't recoup what I have spent so far then I will complete it but surely there is someone out there with a desire to get into a good project.
My estimate for myself is that it's about $30k from being finished, that is with me doing nearly all the work except for the engine rebuild and fitting the engine .
If a prospective purchaser has the ability to do engine work as well then it would be less.

Anyway it's set to be a great car, most of the hard work is done but there is still enough left to do to give a sense of satisfaction upon completion and there is still a buck in it if you want look at it from an investment perspective.

0418689252 if you are interested and want to have a chat about it.

Cheers

Ash

1.jpg

Love the colour. Tell us more about the specs. Gearbox. Wheel sizes. Interior spec. Why is so much missing? History?  Books? Photos? 

Call me. Richard 0419 565 959 I'm in Melbourne 

10 hours ago, Fishcop said:

80% of the hard yards already done!

But the 20% of the most expensive  and the most fiddly bits  left hey ;)    After reading your builds elsewhere .. maybe we should get your detail review of completion outlook. These cars seem to need a  tag team of owners to get them across the line , the resto fatigue gets ya..   

It looks fantastic as you say .. maybe a freshy will complete the last 20%.

Looks like you put a lot of cycles in that car Ash 

Additional photos and info

http://s347.photobucket.com/user/ash_270/slideshow/Conda 911

901 Transmission apparently ok when car was dismantled but not checked yet.

Front suspension stripped, painted and new standard bushes

New brake rotors all round, new wheel bearings all round

new front strut inserts

15.jpg

4 hours ago, symsy said:

But the 20% of the most expensive  and the most fiddly bits  left hey ;)    After reading your builds elsewhere .. maybe we should get your detail review of completion outlook. These cars seem to need a  tag team of owners to get them across the line , the resto fatigue gets ya..   

Yes the last 20% can be expensive depending on who does the work, it takes time and a passion to do the project.

I do have a bit of project fatigue but more so it's exactly the same car as the last project which for me doing the same again takes some of the passion out of it.

What has been covered already in the hard work to date is the dirty, greasy, unknown rust, surprise costs of paint & panel work and lengthy time frames to have that work done.  For those who have done projects from scratch I don't need to tell that to get to this stage there has not been a lot of joy or glory.  That part of the journey starts here.

4 hours ago, symsy said:

Quite honestly, once you have a straight, painted and polished monocoque sitting in the garage, that intricate 20% is actually pleasurable.  

After spending often years massaging sheet metal, welding rust, chasing weird pressings and finding a way to make it all fit, you're then pressed into blocking it all out (over and over again) and then getting that last coat of colour on and colour sanded out, it is a huge milestone.

Adding shiny powdercoated or electroplated bits and pieces to a car is the fun part of the build...  It looks like Ash has is offering up the "fun" bit of the restoration!!

36 minutes ago, Ashbaxter said:

Steve O'Connor at Edgeworth. Did the red one as well, old school tradesman and good guy.

@Ashbaxter

l saw this car a couple of years ago at SOS when it was under coated, gees mate it looks good now, i would love to have a look now.

Archived