New 911 Speedster

Raven

Look I do like it but its almost looking bentley continenal convertable in size..

I think the NA GT3 motor in everything is really diluting the the GT brand.  unless they got something super special up their sleeve for the motorsport arena..  with the 991 getting more and more bloated , must be what the long hooders said though when the 930 arrived :) 

Will it be like owning a Turbo cab though .. sniggered at by the true enthusiasts.. talking about the folklaw of scuttle shake

Not really my cup of Tee either but I am sure all will sell quickly ...............I feel it is basically just cashing in on their 70th birthday with a limited open top car ......would like to see some other color variations with out the decals and white front end ...........certainly not for me ..

like all car companies, it’s business over heritage/enthusiasts so they invent new niches that no one ever asked for, create cars to fill them and sell them all for big $$$.

Personally I think it looks horrible and mixing cab and GT3 seems bizarre - I wonder if you can get a clubsport kit with full cage and harnesses ?

money doesn’t buy taste so they will sell to those guys that have to have the latest

It's horrible.

The new speedster should be built from a 718, absolutely stripped out to the bare bones and cheaper than all other models. As if Porsche would ever do that... Oh wait that was the original speedster.

This car is a kind a parts bin special with a mix of GT car and cabriolet left overs .............I think I read $500 K and limited numbers ... Yes would have made sense to do a 718 version ..

I was thinking something based on a Boxster made more sense too but then I did some more reading and I guess there is a bit of history for 911 based Speedsters...

A really striped out, lightweight, bargain basement, 718 would have been a cracker though!

1 hour ago, Carrera28 said:

Bargain basement and Porsche do not really go together anymore ???

I guess I should have qualified - a "relative" bargain - of course... ?

Not sure it really worked... it does not seem sleek/light looking enough to go with the 356.  But would not say no if anyone wants to give me a drive or let me borrow it for a few years...

Archived