Hotrod to Outlaw

On 6/12/2018 at 5:33 PM, hugh said:

I'd be starting with your wheels and suspension setup, that's what will create the look & attitude of the car and also will alter the driving dynamics (hopefully for the better). I wouldn't bother with the bonnet wrap. 

18 hours ago, GUT said:

How about

• black out the headlight rings
  • black out mirrors
  • remove coloured decals - maybe replace with matt black 'Carrera' script
  • RSR style wheels to break up the now all black look
  • Drop it slightly - but not heaps - it's still a road car - keep it pleasurable to drive

This is spot on advice

6 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

I've always looked at Walker's cars as a bit "post accident test fit, pre spray booth" but appreciate the effort.

I`ve always looked at them as spending 2 hours in front of a mirror to make your hair look the right amount of messy.

Just now, Skidmarks said:

Like my kids 

I kid you not, I listened to my neice`s boyfriend with a hairdryer for ages, only for him to emerge from the bathroom looking like he had had the shit kicked out of him by a pack of marauding bikies  in a cyclone.

If it’s something that isn’t too spendy and can be undone, why not have a play? I have seen a gloss black bonnet with matte accents and it looked pretty cool. Quite subtle but cool. 

I am contemplating some some matte black accents (sadly have a carbon bonnet but is painted completely red) ala GT2RS just for a change. Shouldn’t be too hard to do and if it’s not working for me just remove it. I reckon a similar matte black treatment on the black could be worth a try. 

S17_2103-2094034b.jpg

Love all the suggestions and what makes an outlaw... I didn't think there so much to it.

but I've realized when suggestions were made about blackening the chrome bits on my car I kinda felt..."what, not my chrome bits!" Maybe I'm just not that outlawee...I'm more hotrod. All not lost, good info for future thoughts.... (When I get those Tatts & ripped jeans)

30 minutes ago, Philbee said:

Love all the suggestions and what makes an outlaw... I didn't think there so much to it.

but I've realized when suggestions were made about blackening the chrome bits on my car I kinda felt..."what, not my chrome bits!" Maybe I'm just not that outlawee...I'm more hotrod. All not lost, good info for future thoughts.... (When I get those Tatts & ripped jeans)

n light of your text above I think you should aim at a Hotlaw  Philbee . Just some fat murky rims, suspension dropped a bit to suit, matt black wrap of bonnet with some imagination added, ditch the orange script, some decklid change to suit and toughen the back, and some minor things to add after that if you feel a bit more OTLWish. Someone mentioned louvered windows, cool! Seats maybe? steering wheel? And of course stereo delete to be in the club.

11 hours ago, Philbee said:

I’m starting to think you’re taking the piss, unless I’m missing something. 

WTF is an outlaw 911 anyway? Changing the bumper colour on your car will hardly have the sheriff riding you out of town...

3 hours ago, mph911 said:

WTF is an outlaw 911 anyway? Changing the bumper colour on your car will hardly have the sheriff riding you out of town...

See “Harley Owners Group”for clarification, middle aged accountants and lawyers playing dress up. 

10 hours ago, mph911 said:

I'm starting to think.... ?... yes, something's missing.

10 hours ago, mph911 said:

That reminds me of that song. I shot up the sheriff.

Archived