Driver door rebuild

BRAUN911

I have always problem opening the drivers door from the outside so decided to dismantle and investigate.

looks like the problem is a bent door latch assembly, would be from PO long time back.

would anyone have a drivers side latch assembly to suit a 74 911 they are will to part with?

Also trying to get side window cranking up and down easier, is there a measurement spec where the bottom rail is positioned on the glass?

Thanks in advance

Martin

On 6/13/2018 at 7:28 PM, BRAUN911 said:

I have always problem opening the drivers door from the outside so decided to dismantle and investigate.

looks like the problem is a bent door latch assembly, would be from PO long time back.

would anyone have a drivers side latch assembly to suit a 74 911 they are will to part with?

Hi Martin

I have a Latch mechanism that I removed from a '77 - I fitted a near new later one that I got from Canada for next to nothing.

The original latch has some welding on the pins but looks straight. I was going to chuck it, but there may be good bits & pieces you can cannibalize - so you are welcome to it.

Peter Melb.

Archived