[VIC] #HANGARBANGER2 27.01.19

I would also like to thank Kez for putting three of us in the "Black Room" today, along with his RS.

For those who don't know, it was Kerry, who kicked off the PFA way back in 2009 or thereabouts.

The first three members who helped get the PFA off the ground were Doug and Chris and myself.

To see how big the forum has grown over those years, has just been unbelievable.

It was a big surprise today, to be told I was in the "Black Room" I had no idea what that was, or why I was directed in there by Hugh.

Then finding out it was for recognition of us being the original members and moderators of the PFA was very gratifying.

Remembering the first SMT we did on a wet and wild winters day, starting at the base of Arthurs Seat with introductions and hand shakes...... compared with the SMT's now, with anything up to 40 plus cars at times..

Who would have thought it would have grown into what it is today.  

So thanks again Kez and thanks to all the members who make up our great forum

For those who didn't get to the "Black Room"  L to R....Dougy's Long Bonnet, Kez's RS, my Cayman S, and Chris's GT4.

IMG_4674.jpeg

Well done to all involved in organising HB2, it was hands down the most interesting car event I have ever attended. Every corner you turned had another amazing car! I’m am lost for words, great venue, great cars and great work! Looking forward to HB3 already!👍🏻

12 minutes ago, Choppergrino said:

Well done to all involved in organising HB2, it was hands down the most interesting car event I have ever attended. Every corner you turned had another amazing car! I’m am lost for words, great venue, great cars and great work! Looking forward to HB3 already!👍🏻

Great to see you today Danny. Hope your leg continues to heal speedily.

best wishes and take care

chris

@Harvs11 Cheers mate 👍

I'm still 200km from home but stopped for a coffee, so this will be brief....or not

My main aim to drive over was to meet the people I have 'known' for a few years since I joined the forum, and the cars were just a bonus, albeit a pretty f....ng big one! MAN have you lot got some cool cars over there! I can't even begin to say how gobsmacked I was seeing some stupidly clean and rare cars. Kid in a lolly shop is an understatement. 

I will say I have been secretly busting to see your RS up close @Kerryand your blue one @hugh, and I wasnt disappointed. Two perfect cars in my eyes. I'll probably post up here again later when I get home, as there are 4 rather large dudes casing me and my car at the moment, so I will grab my bat just incase and get back on the road. 

Mega job to all concerned, I left with a big smile on my face.  Chat later 👍

Mega day. 

Kerry, Hugh, John and Rohan, congrats for pulling off such a great event. The combination of venue and curated cars in addition to lines of awesome cars outside made for a captivating event. Add to that all the familiar faces - and new ones - and it couldn’t have been better. 

Quick thanks also to the peeps who chatted with Ryder (aka Little Andy), making him feel welcome. 

29 minutes ago, Pork Chops said:

Probably worth acknowledging Rohan Little and his team at Skunkwerks who were no doubt an integral part of the event being that it’s their place.

Yes my mistake on not thanking the team from Skunkworks for hosting the event. Sorry about that guys. Well done to you all....

Great day, great drive down this morning!

I have over 140 pics to sort through but here's one you might like....  getting there. Pitstop at Coles Express Laverton. No-one buying petrol, just parking and having a yak.

Kinda filled the joint!!

HB2 1.129a

HB2 1.130

Thanks to all those involved for organising and running the day.  Also big thanks to the Skunkwerks team for their picturesque venue.

I probably should have been a little more social, but it was good to meet a few people and put faces to names. 

Peter - owner of the purple 993 and the oversized novelty tripod.

OK, here's a few selected pics at HB2..... Thanks to orgainsers, @hugh, @Kerry and @polorot...guys from skunkwerks, etc... volunteers. Great day.

To start here's some broad shots of alot of cars:

HB2 007a

HB2 036a

Sal & Lee's car up front... like brothers!!

HB2 040

HB2 061a

HB2 091

HB2 104

HB2 102

HB2 112

And INSIDE:

HB2 081

HB2 082

HB2 018a

HB2 013a

Some personal favourites:

HB2 009

HB2 023

HB2 039

HB2 038

@Simonk and @Fraz catching some rays...

HB2 065a

This is HangarBanger2...!

HB2 062

HB2 074

One for the kids...

HB2 078

HB2 083a

HB2 077

Lunch was busier than Bunnings!!

HB2 098a

HB2 100a

And now... the (hidden) GEM of HB2...  I love this car!!!  hubba hubba!

HB2 094

Lighting was tough, none of my other pics worked in that dark spot....

But after, caught up at Inverleigh for a coffee... so one more  peek, folks:

HB2 095

And what would a Porsche social event be without a shot of @symsy, chief tyre kicker.

HB2 105

@polorot and friends:

HB2 106

HB2 113

HB2 115

HB2 110

HB2 072a

HB2 107

Were you there? Not if you didnt sign the board!!!

HB2 126

OUCH, that hurts!!!

HB2 117a

On a happier note, is that a GT2 RS or are you just glad to see me??

HB2 118

Just like @Philbee only orange!

HB2 127

HB2 128a

Last one, flickr is getting worn out...

HB2 120

@Philbee That shot of the 356 inside is a cracker mate! Ok to use it on Instagram? Great to meet you too 👍

Ok, this may offend many people who displayed their cars, and it was a VERY hard decision to arrive at with so many incredible cars, but this is my belle of the ball owned by @hugh  (Ha! Just noticed my car in the background which was completely unintentional) 

20190127-132229.jpg

And a very very close second, Nick's ex Skunkwerks beast. I fell in lust with both very quickly 

20190127-104306.jpg