[VIC] #HANGARBANGER2 27.01.19

7 hours ago, LeeM said:

@Philbee That shot of the 356 inside is a cracker mate! Ok to use it on Instagram? Great to meet you too 👍

It’s my belle of the ball, Lee! And yes, it’s there for public consumption, IG away! I’ll probably put it up somewhere too.

And great to finally catchup and put face to name as well as those rippa posts you so often write up!  If it hadn’t been for your little name tag I would’ve walked right past you....

Oh man! 😭 Work interfered with my life yet again. Sorry I missed attending, looks like a perfect day for it and a fantastic event. 👍👌🤘

Ps. I really should get the 912 out of storage and back to Sydney. Those pics are an inspiration. A #zwolfrod is tempting...🤔

NIKO -  I would also like to thank Kez for putting three of us in the "Black Room" today, along with his RS.

For those who don't know, it was Kerry, who kicked off the PFA way back in 2009 or thereabouts.

The first three members who helped get the PFA off the ground were Doug and Chris and myself.

To see how big the forum has grown over those years, has just been unbelievable.

It was a big surprise today, to be told I was in the "Black Room" I had no idea what that was, or why I was directed in there by Hugh.

Then finding out it was for recognition of us being the original members and moderators of the PFA was very gratifying.

Remembering the first SMT we did on a wet and wild winters day, starting at the base of Arthurs Seat with introductions and hand shakes...... compared with the SMT's now, with anything up to 40 plus cars at times..

Who would have thought it would have grown into what it is today.  

So thanks again Kez and thanks to all the members who make up our great forum

For those who didn't get to the "Black Room"  L to R....Dougy's Long Bonnet, Kez's RS, my Cayman S, and Chris's GT4.

Well put Niko, it has been great joining the PFA early and watching it grow under the stewardship of a wonderful team.

I take pride in giving the name to our drives - SMT " Sunday Morning Targa" which is the best way to enjoy the best features of our cars and meet terrific people.

I enjoyed Saturday with John, Rohan, Kez,Hugh and the team setting up for the big day and what a show it was . Sorry I missed seeing you LeeM, but I was busy.

What a way to start the year. Looking foward to seeing you all on the next SMT, event or HB#3 !

Cheers, Mark.

What a fantastic event.

It was great to see so many Porsche cars at one venue.  The venue was quite unique with all its nooks and crannies.  A surprise around every corner.

Thanks to @Kerry, @polorot , @hugh and their teams for organising the event and to Rohan for the venue.

Thanks also for all those who have posted up pics for all to see.

dVtL5oOl.jpg

zJs6IlNl.jpg

@hugh@Kerry@polorot  and Skunkwerks,  I can only imagine all the work behind the scenes in getting this event up - a big thank you guys!   had a blast meeting up with many, some old faces some new - one thing in common everyone had a big smile on  - epic day !!  

P1020643.jpg

P1020589.jpg

IMG_2811.thumb.jpg.ebaacddabf6a877a502ded5b0746dde4.jpgP1020597.jpg

P1020583.jpg

32 minutes ago, D-banger said:

What a fantastic event.

It was great to see so many Porsche cars at one venue.  The venue was quite unique with all its nooks and crannies.  A surprise around every corner.

Thanks to @Kerry, @polorot , @hugh and their teams for organising the event and to Rohan for the venue.

Thanks also for all those who have posted up pics for all to see.

dVtL5oOl.jpg

Colour co-ordinated hair....:P

Nice Cayman in the background, I believe that got car of the show once again....:cool07:

Sorry I missed this event now. Looks like you guys had a great time, great cars and great company.

Will try for HB3.

One thing though are there no 928's in Victoria 😀

Can only see one 928 in the photo's. Will have to try and rectify that next time.

Wonderful event thanks to the organisers and participants.

I think special mention needs to go to the owner of the tangerine 2.4 who drove his car from Brisbane, picked his partner up in Sydney and then continued onto Colac. They left around lunch time with the view to reach Melbourne last night via the Great Ocean Road.

of course I have forgotten their names ( but remember the car). To both of you my hearty congratulations.

Justin

5 hours ago, reedminor said:

Wonderful event thanks to the organisers and participants.

I think special mention needs to go to the owner of the tangerine 2.4 who drove his car from Brisbane, picked his partner up in Sydney and then continued onto Colac. They left around lunch time with the view to reach Melbourne last night via the Great Ocean Road.

of course I have forgotten their names ( but remember the car). To both of you my hearty congratulations.

Justin

One of my absolute favourites of the show... so so many....

As we all decompress from yesterday’s event and the thankyou’s continue to roll in, we want to formally thank some key individuals that made it possible. The organisation and effort required from volunteers is significant and without volunteers these events are not possible!

So to the people who made it possible despite having very little sleep (and mild hangovers!); Nick S & Lukas (GUT) for manning gate 03. Lee M (All the way from SA!), Wilbur, Nick B & Ash for taking care of the impact bumpers via gate 2. Tim & Mark S for taking care of the TYP 901 & the Green areas. Mark H for taking care of the Blue zone. Also, a huge thanks and appreciation to Mark S & Mark H for coming down on Saturday to help set up, mark out and organise their allocated parking sections – dedication beyond my expectations. Orlando & Sam for helping out with setting up and on the merch stand, thank you. Luke Ray from FUEL……………Thank you, your help and support for the event has been exceptional. A special mention to Archie for being my runner all morning (+ chief Cup Car driver), cheers my little buddy!

The crew at ground zero Skunkwerks who accomplished such a mountain of work to prepare the area for the event; Rohan & wife Dominique along with Clint, Reece & Marty – can only be described as the “dream team”. Anthony, mate, what a legend and to then also have the kids helping, Charlotte, Jack & Imogen who not only braved the heat but also put in many hours without a hint of complaint! Such a lovely display of a close community and families coming together.

The dedication and level of responsibility everyone of these people took on to ensure HB2 was possible and a successful event is just so special.

Anne Maree, Tamara & Victoria for all of the late nights and continual support, we know how much you all love us talking about Porsches…………..constanly……………….thank you!

From Kerry, John and myself……………THANK YOU!

#HANGARBANGER

20 hours ago, LeeM said:

@Philbee That shot of the 356 inside is a cracker mate! Ok to use it on Instagram? Great to meet you too 👍

Ok, this may offend many people who displayed their cars, and it was a VERY hard decision to arrive at with so many incredible cars, but this is my belle of the ball owned by @hugh  (Ha! Just noticed my car in the background which was completely unintentional) 

20190127-132229.jpg

And a very very close second, Nick's ex Skunkwerks beast. I fell in lust with both very quickly 

20190127-104306.jpg

These take the cake for me too. Looks like a brilliant day...so when's the Sydney event??

39 minutes ago, LeeM said:

You're very welcome @hugh And your mates are LOOSE! Nick's stories kept me laughing out loud all the way home 😂😂 Great blokes and a fantastic event meeting many great people. See you at DakDak in the future 👍

Thanks again for keeping them under control mate, ;):ph34r::lol:

Great event! A credit to all Involved. 

I just saw the map- realised I missed the whole yellow section. By the time I wandered out there at 2:45 the skunk weeks guys have the forklift under a iroc car packing up! The whole yellow section was basically empty.

Awesome how it was so spread out! Very cool just wandering around. Perfect venue!