[VIC] #HANGARBANGER2 27.01.19

15 hours ago, JV911 said:

These take the cake for me too. Looks like a brilliant day...so when's the Sydney event??

Now that would be nice, do one of these around Newcastle somewhere, no you would be really talking.

It was an awesome event, a credit to all those involved. I was awesome to be able to be there and great to meet up with so many great people of the Porsche family.

Even tho I was from North of the border I was made feel ever so welcome. 

May have to plan ahead a little more for the next one, so I can get my car down there. 

Although I don't often contribute to this Forum, I do enjoy many of the topics discussed. As I missed HangarBanger#1, I was determined not to miss #2. It was a bit of a hike for the old girl, but she kept up with the parade on the way down, but didn't fare too well on the way home unfortunately.

The event was epic and the location with all surprises around every corner was a delight to experience. I have been to numerous local 'Porsche' events over the years and this one trumps the lot. It also helps when the members of the PFA are second-to-none top people and share a common passion while enjoying a good chat. Thanks to the organisers for setting the bar high - great effort!

$1,432.75!!!  

Great effort by one and all who contributed!

Beyond Blue is such a worthy charity for supporting our community and I am proud to be the one handing our collective assistance to them, making HB2 more than just a car show.

👊🏻👊🏻👊🏻Kerry

BeyondBlueDonation.02.jpg

1 minute ago, Kerry said:

$1,432.75!!!  

Great effort by one and all who contributed!

Beyond Blue is such a worthy charity for supporting our community and I am proud to be the one handing our collective assistance to them, making HB2 more than just a car show.

👊🏻👊🏻👊🏻Kerry

So great Kez. Amazing day and a nice cherry on top for a very worthy cause.

On 28/01/2019 at 09:52, D-banger said:

dVtL5oOl.jpg

You had a get a shot of me with my shirt on backwards didn't you D?! 🤨

When @Lady Penelope tells you that you've got to be the one branding the interview, you just ask: "how far up the looking like a goose ladder do you want me, ma'am?!"  🐦 

I'd like to also offer my congratulations and thanks to everyone who helped make the day such a great success. I tried to say thanks to all involved in person on the day so those I missed thank you. Was truly a great display of cars but also a great feeling amongst all who were present. Managed to go for a blat down and up the hills and along the coast on the way home via Skene's Creek then Lorne on the way home so a terrific 460km round trip for the day. Speaking of KM's I asked a couple of guys on the day which car present has got the most KM's on it? Would love to know which car truly represents the "driven not hidden" ethos so many Porsche owners subscribe to. I'll start the bidding with my 1980 SC thats done 291,500km - I'm assuming this is probably a toddler compared to some others that were there. Any advances on 291,500km? 

Cheers. Anthony 

2 hours ago, Big Easy said:

I'd like to also offer my congratulations and thanks to everyone who helped make the day such a great success. I tried to say thanks to all involved in person on the day so those I missed thank you. Was truly a great display of cars but also a great feeling amongst all who were present. Managed to go for a blat down and up the hills and along the coast on the way home via Skene's Creek then Lorne on the way home so a terrific 460km round trip for the day. Speaking of KM's I asked a couple of guys on the day which car present has got the most KM's on it? Would love to know which car truly represents the "driven not hidden" ethos so many Porsche owners subscribe to. I'll start the bidding with my 1980 SC thats done 291,500km - I'm assuming this is probably a toddler compared to some others that were there. Any advances on 291,500km? 

Cheers. Anthony 

Good effort.  I'm about to hit 310,000

5 hours ago, Kerry said:

You had a get a shot of me with my shirt on backwards didn't you D?! 🤨

When @Lady Penelope tells you that you've got to be the one branding the interview, you just ask: "how far up the looking like a goose ladder do you want me, ma'am?!"  🐦 

Ha... Should have worn Lee M's shirt! 

6 minutes ago, Airhead said:

I'm trying hard to come up with a line for this one. :)

Jeez Barry, it can't be that hard?!  

Putting the horse behind the carriage...

I thought it said skid milk...

Santa choosing to identify as the Milky Bar Kid...

OK, so not that easy after all!  🙄🤨

I'd like to echo the comments already made here and thank Kerry, Hugh, John, Rohan and all others who were involved in organising a fantastic day of Porsche perving!

As one of the 'orange vest crew' helping to park the cars on arrival, I'd also like say a big thank you all those who attended for their patience when entering. It was challenging at times to handle all the cars arriving at once and making sure they were parked in their positions, but the process was made much easier by the happy and helpful nature of the drivers.

Apologies, a huge thank you needs to also go out to @Philbee & @dan_189 for captaining the convoys - very much appreciated it gents. Thanks also to @Andy73 for being the contact for Kate and also helping to rally the troops!

No doubt I'm still forgetting people.............It has been a huge combined effort. 

Thank you to all that attended, spend hours cleaning and preparing their cars & travelling to the event and contributed to the Beyond Blue donation. 

Another fantastic display of the generous and active Porsche community we all all very lucky to be a part of. 

Cheers, Hugh.