[VIC] #HANGARBANGER2 27.01.19

On 05/02/2019 at 18:27, Kerry said:

Ok @Skidmarks Schkiddy, looks like a big event you’re organizing! Consider this to be the shameless hijack, but you should create a new thread to give members a place to ask questions, receive info etc, in a dedicated thread. 😉👍🏻

I just got told ....

On 08/02/2019 at 21:54, KG said:

Thanks @LeeM, was worried I'd get into trouble with the locals for that.

@D-banger Yup, Fister 2s + Fabspeed x-pipe and headers. I've got some stage 3s ready to be fitted.....one of these days

Damnit!  I missed hearing them.  Let me know if you want to sell the 2's!  PS - LOVE your car.  I spotted it for sale after I bought my 993 and it's been a bit of an inspiration for what I want my car to become.

Last pics from the show - I swear!

Action%201.jpg
Action%202.jpg
Action%203.jpg
Action%204.jpg
Action%205.jpg
Action%206.jpg
Action%207.jpg
Action%208.jpg
Action%209.jpg
Action%2010.jpg
Action%2011.jpg
Action%2012.jpg
Action%2013.jpg
Action%2014.jpg
Action%2015.jpg
gt3s.jpg
vadgt3.jpg
vad.jpg

On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 21:54, KG said:

Thanks @LeeM, was worried I'd get into trouble with the locals for that.

@D-banger Yup, Fister 2s + Fabspeed x-pipe and headers. I've got some stage 3s ready to be fitted.....one of these days

Just about the best street AC I've heard. Trailing you through the Twisties on an SMT with windows down was the best symphony 

13 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Gotta love Oz Post who can crush a good solid tube.    HB2 Poster slightly crushed, might have to have it professionally framed now to see if they can get the creases out 😞

Jeez! I knew I should have insisted on steel poster rolls with AustPost!!! 🤨🙄

Let me know how it goes TTT and if the creases are terminal, I'll send you another... K

2 minutes ago, Kerry said:

Jeez! I knew I should have insisted on steel poster rolls with AustPost!!! 🤨🙄

Let me know how it goes TTT and if the creases are terminal, I'll send you another... K

Thanks Kerry.  I might get some of those poster frames Damienb got and see how it looks.  Thanks for the offer, much appreciated

1 hour ago, Damienb said:

For those looking for non-professional framing options, I got these poster frames from Officeworks online (not an in-store stock item). $20, plastic not glass, delivered in 1 day. Search for A2 poster frame.

IMG_20190219_070948.jpg

Nice work Damien, installing into your garage, or have you got clearance from the Dept of Domestic Styling for a public viewing?!?! 😲😎😉

2 minutes ago, Kerry said:

Nice work Damien, installing into your garage, or have you got clearance from the Dept of Domestic Styling for a public viewing?!?! 😲😎😉

Funny you ask.  I 'had' permission to hang in the house.  Then we pulled them out of the tube.  Clearance revoked and back to the shed!  I'm happy with that - shed could use a little cheering up!

I’m not even going to take that as an insult against my design skills... I’ll call it as gendered aesthetics, in the same way as you might wind down the window to hear an exhaust note, and then turn to see a look of bewilderment upon her face! 😉👍🏻😂

1 hour ago, Kerry said:

I’m not even going to take that as an insult against my design skills... I’ll call it as gendered aesthetics, in the same way as you might wind down the window to hear an exhaust note, and then turn to see a look of bewilderment upon her face! 😉👍🏻😂

I was thinking that the same could be said of admiring specific examples of the female form, but I guess that's not just limited to us males these days (and vice versa of course).......

17 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Gotta love Oz Post who can crush a good solid tube.    HB2 Poster slightly crushed, might have to have it professionally framed now to see if they can get the creases out 😞

Tube.jpg

Don't accept damaged postal items.  Open it in front of them at the P.O.

They have insurance for all freight and post items.

2 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

Don't accept damaged postal items.  Open it in front of them at the P.O.

They have insurance for all freight and post items.

It was just left at my front door, so no opportunity to dispute it with the postie.  Might go to the local PO and discuss with them then......

59 minutes ago, Damienb said:

Just unwrapped my latest Wheels (am I their last subscriber?) and surprised to see a 4 page spread on HB2.  "Hats off, then, to the dedicated few who've created an inclusive event." Here, here.

There's an online article here with gallery as well

https://www.whichcar.com.au/features/porsche-paradise-hangar-banger-2-gallery

Fantastic news thanks @Damienb & @wilburforce! I'll have to go out and track down down a copy of WHEELS... you used to be able to get them in a place called a newsagency, but they are few and far between these days! AWESOME though, can't wait to see it!! :Beer:

Fantastic news thanks @Damienb & @wilburforce! I'll have to go out and track down down a copy of WHEELS... you used to be able to get them in a place called a newsagency, but they are few and far between these days! AWESOME though, can't wait to see it!! :Beer:

BTW: DAKDAK 9th March for coffee, pork, and porkas! 8am onwards  deets here