[VIC] #HANGARBANGER2 27.01.19

5 hours ago, dan_189 said:

I'm good with that, can also get coffee to refuel us too haha

DFO crew to meet at 6:45am - leave by 7:00am meet in Laverton at 7:30? @Philbee @911B @poli84 @K911 @Fraz @RA987 @cs124 @Andy73 @Pokiou @Francois

dfo_to_laverton.JPG.e752b1b21dafa54cc4608f4cd6d059a8.JPG

Getting excited...

Thanks mate, but also heading down Saturday. 

3 hours ago, dan_189 said:

No worries! Also North crew if anyone wants to do this as well i'm open to it I.e. either meet at DFO then go to Elwood or just meet at Elwood rather than DFO. Let me know! If I don't hear from anyone i'll come to Elwood at 7.

DFO to Laverton intercept works for me. Just got to get the timing right!

I'm coming from Albury for HB2.   Slightly off topic: I'm heading down Saturday and thinking about going to the "downshift aus" meeting on the 26th.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2240633676224279/

I've got no idea what to expect.  Has anyone been to one of their shows?  Worth a look?  Should I just go shopping or to the zoo instead?

As for HB2, I'm keen to join one of the convoys.  I'm still confirming where I'm staying but I think I'll meet near Laverton in order to minimise driving on Sunday.

5 hours ago, dan_189 said:

No worries! Also North crew if anyone wants to do this as well i'm open to it I.e. either meet at DFO then go to Elwood or just meet at Elwood rather than DFO. Let me know! If I don't hear from anyone i'll come to Elwood at 7.

Hey guys my car is out of action so I’m going to ride a bike down, would it be ok if I hovered around the convoy with u guys?  

George 

9 hours ago, Philbee said:

@Harvs11 @KG @D-banger @reddahaydn @AWX911 @Niko @Lucky Phil @Peter John @911B

Bayside peeps, I’ve just been contacted from an organizer type, who shall remain nameless, who has informed me that it would be good to coordinate our meetg point at Elwood- ie. Highly recommend you join in rather than go alone. I’ll explain on the day...

Pls come along and meet at Elwood if you can... sorry if I’ve missed other bayside (south) PFAers...

Departure time will around 7am. Arrive 645am. - keep alert as this time may be adjusted!!!

Philby 🎉

@Philbee  Thanks for organising. I'll be heading down Friday ...to Apollo bay. Planning to get some twisties in before the event on Sunday 😁 Super excited

tumblr_nxiscvq2W91rpdptuo1_r1_500.gif.95ef5b65401c67f6f8baa33ffb069dac.gif

On 18/01/2019 at 20:51, YellowDieselGolf said:

https://traffic.vicroads.vic.gov.au/incidents/3353486
Seems to be some roadworks on the Hamilton Highway too.

Drove back from Warrnambool today and took this route to check the roadworks situation. Apart from about 400 meters of line marking being done, it was a clear run all the way. 

On 21/01/2019 at 13:40, Philbee said:

Bayside peeps, I’ve just been contacted from an organizer type, who shall remain nameless, who has informed me that it would be good to coordinate our meetg point at Elwood- ie. Highly recommend you join in rather than go alone. I’ll explain on the day...

Pls come along and meet at Elwood if you can... sorry if I’ve missed other bayside (south) PFAers...

Departure time will around 7am. Arrive 645am. - keep alert as this time may be adjusted!!!

Philby 🎉

Probably worth putting your walkie talkies in if you have them.  

Just for letting us know if you have a break down or are stopping for a piss stop or petrol or road hazards etc.

Ch40

Hope you don't mind me suggesting @Philbee  

On 21/01/2019 at 17:12, hugh said:

"Officially" the gates will open from 11-3..................the party obviously doesn't start until you get there though, naturally. ;)

So, the plan is to try and get all of the registered cars in before 11 and parked up. Non-registered cars can then come in and fill in any available spaces (if there is any) or alternatively will have to park in one of the alongside vacant paddocks. The current registration is just over 180 but I'm going to have to cut it off tomorrow as I need to finalise everything from Wednesday.......................No idea how Sunday morning is going to play out, fingers crossed!!!!! :ph34r::rolleyes:

ha! I best not keep the masses waiting then, I shall be nice and early.

Cool, I have a young nephew with a budding Porsche interest which I am trying to turn into an obsession so Hanger Banger 2 should get him over the line. 

On 21/01/2019 at 13:40, Philbee said:

Philby 🎉

Philby if ok I might tack on with the Elwood crew so I’ll see you at 6:45ish. My mate Theo is hopefully bringing his newly purchased 928 also so we hope to see you bright and early on Sunday. Cheers.

anthony 

I can't make the trip over, planets  aren't aligning as far as available time vs work to do (proper + household) 😞

Have a great time guys & gals!!!!

Now, for HB3, if that happens next year and happens to be on the same weekend as the tennis, that would be fantastic, as Mrs can go to tennis and I'll do Porsche things - perfect solution for someone who has no interest at all in tennis.

4 hours ago, Andy73 said:

Drove back from Warrnambool today and took this route to check the roadworks situation. Apart from about 400 meters of line marking being done, it was a clear run all the way. 

Second that, I drove down there today via the Hamilton Hwy and the roads were all good.....................

1 hour ago, Philbee said:

LAVERTON MEETING POINT - Coles Express (as suggested by @P-Kay)

As you head to geelong, its the POINT COOK RD turn off - for those of you not familiar (like me)*

*well, thats what google is telling me

image.png.849c0f34a77252cddc176d3dffe7e52a.png

Shooting for a 730am arrival here!!

image.png

I'm heading in from the northeast (Templestowe), if anyone wants to join the drive to the Laverton meet up point. Departing around 6.30am.

41 minutes ago, GregAx said:

I'm heading in from the northeast (Templestowe), if anyone wants to join the drive to the Laverton meet up point. Departing around 6.30am.

I’m in Balwyn and as long as the weather holds up happy to join you

On 21 January 2019 at 13:40, Philbee said:

Philby 🎉

I'll tac on with your crew Philby if that's ok.

RE: where the hell is it?

I may have missed the memo but in case you did too.... THE ADDRESS IS:

Corner of  Corangamite Lake Rd and Factory Rd - Cororooke 3254.  Rumour has it, there's an entrance (?) opposite the general store. If wrong or misleading, @hugh, @Kerry, @polorot... jump in. Thanks 

image1.jpeg

TURN OFF from M1 to Hamilton Hwy (B140) to Inverleigh (meeting point 2)

image.png.eb2f8b699491b179b17eab42dcea94d1.png

@polorot