[VIC] #HANGARBANGER2 27.01.19

On 26/02/2019 at 07:03, Damienb said:

Just unwrapped my latest Wheels (am I their last subscriber?) and surprised to see a 4 page spread on HB2.  "Hats off, then, to the dedicated few who've created an inclusive event." Here, here.

IMG_20190226_065803.jpg

Is this in the shops yet?  

3 hours ago, scashin said:

It's a shame skunk werks missed a golden opportunity to get the community interested in their respray services.  On the day I had them look at my car, take photo's, even write up a report on it.  After four emails and many "apologies", I'm over it.  If they take that long to not give me a quote then I'd not leave my car with them.

I often wonder how some companies stay in business (I know nothing about whom you mention).

Customer service is the start of developing a positive customer experience which I find many lack in this day and age.

5 hours ago, scashin said:

It's a shame skunk werks missed a golden opportunity to get the community interested in their respray services.  On the day I had them look at my car, take photo's, even write up a report on it.  After four emails and many "apologies", I'm over it.  If they take that long to not give me a quote then I'd not leave my car with them.

Sorry to hear @scashin 

For what it's worth I do know that they are under the pump due to high demand. I know this isn't an excuse not to get back to you in a timely manner, but it does say something about the people who are prepared to wait. The demand is reflective of the quality of their work, this is in the end what most people are prioritising. 

Its your call but I see it as more of a reflection of their current capacity, not as an intentional neglect to your enquiry. (BTW, I have no professional affiliation with Skunk, only knowing Rohan and his crew personally) 

13 hours ago, scashin said:

Scashin, im not sure that skunkwerks provide a respray sevice.  From my experience their more into restoration or rebuild.  They take a hell of a lot of pride in their work so a respray might not appeal to them.

As to quoting, it would be a challenge to provide a firm price until they get the paint off and see if there are any issues with the car.  

Im a fan of Rohan and his small team, I'd be happy to discuss the work they did for me.  Feel free to msg me if you want 

Mike

On 26/02/2019 at 07:03, Damienb said:

Just unwrapped my latest Wheels (am I their last subscriber?) and surprised to see a 4 page spread on HB2.  "Hats off, then, to the dedicated few who've created an inclusive event." Here, here.

IMG_20190226_065803.jpg

Went out a bought this, first non-Porsche mag I've purchased for many a year.  P's seemed to be the marque of choice in it, with about 3 articles having P content, but otherwise I reckon it will be years before I buy another copy......

7 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Went out a bought this, first non-Porsche mag I've purchased for many a year.  P's seemed to be the marque of choice in it, with about 3 articles having P content, but otherwise I reckon it will be years before I buy another copy......

They certainly are the marque of choice which I've noticed too.  I've been reading this mag for 30 years.  Until about 2 years ago, the Wheels cover shot was invariably the latest offering from Holden or Ford - in particular the performance products (HSV, etc). They were aspirational and affordable, and the public bought them by the shed load.  Since about the time local manufacturing ceased, I reckon ever 2nd cover shot is a Porsche.  Seems it doesn't matter no-one (generally speaking) can afford them.  The brand has massive pull.

19 hours ago, scashin said:

You probably could have just sent them a final email to let them know you're going to look elsewhere rather than telling all of us. Whilst I agree a month is too long to be waiting for a quote, we don't know their situation and there's nothing achieved by throwing bad publicity out there. Sorry, I'm not trying to start anything. It's just easy for businesses to cop flack online when we don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

I agree with Simon, but I also think that the forum is absolutely the place where people can voice an opinion about a supplier, as many have done in the past, but now hijacking this hangarbanger thread isn’t appropriate considering the ENORMOUS amount of good will, work, money, and time that Skunk Werks put into the event. If you wish to continue this conversation, please do... but create a specific thread. I’m not looking to censor here, but I think a fair suck of the sav is required.

5c.

Kerry

(hijacking is the wrong word because I think it suggests malice and premeditation which I do not think is present here, but it is the word we use in this situation)

27 minutes ago, Peter John said:

Bringing back the HB2 good vibes- who thinks that HB and the concept of it is 2nd to Christmas?! It was very joyus! Even if there wasn't any more to come, i would be happy, but fingers crossed for a 3rd!

Onya Pete, yes definitely a feel good experience for the Porsche-a-file.  Just a rev-heads dream Xmas!!🚘

As a passive participant it was so nice but as an organiser, I bet there was a lot of stuff to arrange to make this baby happen. Australia’s luftgekukkt (whatever)? Hope so.... upto the HB Gods to keep us posted...

otherwise  cya at good olde  Dak Dak on a sat morning?? 😁

8 hours ago, Tintin Audio said:

Sorry if this has been asked before. But does anyone know when HB #2 is to be aired on RPM Channel 10. 

Good question! Was only thinking the same over the weekend...................I'll see what we can do to find out. 

Here's another great article on HB2 by 911 Kuhlture...I mean me... :D Seriously though, I've just started an online blog/magazine hoping to cover all the fun stuff going on in the Australian Porsche community. Check it out if you've got a spare moment.

https://www.911kuhlture.com/2019/02/05/hangar-banger-2/

HB2.jpg

4 hours ago, hugh said:

Good question! Was only thinking the same over the weekend...................I'll see what we can do to find out. 

When I was at HB, apparently some one had asked the film crew and they were told April. Can not remember if they were told a date.

I was told by Kate that it may very well be March, and the producer said that they would be communicating with me to confirm deets and give me a visual once over before it goes to air.... as soon as I know anything, guess who I'll be telling?!?!?!🤞🙄😎🤘

• 2 months later...