[VIC] #HANGARBANGER2 27.01.19

Can't remember to be honest - sorry mate. It's not too far (those roadworks have been going for 20 bloody years) but as Hugh says, they're a bit of a ball-ache and will props see your freshly waxed P Car looking a little less glossy (if you worry about that sort of thing, which I clearly don't).

1 hour ago, hugh said:

So Cororooke is on the C147, north west of Colac itself. But yes, I'd recommend taking the Hamilton HWY, much quieter road, no roadworks and a little more interesting drive through the countryside. 

Awesome, thanks Hugh.

So, the recommended route is as follows from geelong - my interpretation anyway:

• From geelong (M1), take the C137... goes to B140 out towards Inverleigh & Hesse.
  • Take a left at poorneet rd rather than continue on to Cressy, then down to Beeac (C147) over to Alvie
  • And arrive at Colac via the west side rather than from the east.

The 2hrs 20mins (181kms) on the map below is from my place in brighton. Adjust your timings accordingly from where you are...

image.png.2c0ab7e5bb9ab37b90811efdfec0ea64.png

As has been mentioned, roadworks somewhere between Winchelsea - Birregurra and Colac on the A1... hence the avoidance strategy above.

SUGGESTED TIME (for interested baysiders) - GETTING THERE:

• Meet at 645am, depart 7am from ELWOOD (ORMOND) POINT (see my map in prev post)
  • 2.5 hrs to colac, arrive around 9am   <-- or later. Perhaps stop & meet others along the way (shell westgate?).. add 30mins or so
  • Have a cuppa at Colac, then onto HB at 10-sh  <-- assuming gates opening around 10-ish

philby

2 hours ago, Damienb said:

Has there ever been so much excitement from so many (me included) for a trip to Colac?!  

Rural B roads south of the A1 (Moriac, Birregurra, etc and arrive via Colac-Forrest Road C154) are an option too if roadworkphobia becomes unbearable.

Good one Damien.... go,south instead of north of A1. checking this out.... 

Can I assume these roads like the Cape Otway Rd are surfaced?

1 hour ago, James P said:

How are we all going to know who each other is? how do we put names to faces or cars?

You won't be able to miss me mate. Lanky South Aussies usually stick out in Victoria like an American tourist in Japan 😁  I was going to have a stick on label on my tshirt, so maybe people could put their PFA and real name on one, as I forget my own name after 2 minutes 

So is there a border patrol or some weird Victorian entry ritual SA side of Colac? 

35 minutes ago, GUT said:

You’ll know you’re in VIC when the speed limit drops and the roads turn to sh!t

Gotcha 👍Probably double demerits that weekend too. I'd better fit the heads up display just incase 

2 hours ago, Damienb said:

Yep 

Great idea. 

I amaze myself sometimes 😁