Anybody have some unwanted 968 castor blocks in any condition?

Timm

I'm looking for some 968 castor blocks...the rubber can be in any condition as I want to put poly bushings in them.

Alternatively...if anyone has some nice spherical joints I would like to buy them  :)

Also, if anyone here has upgraded their control arm bushings I wouldn't mind hearing your feedback. I'm on the fence about forking out for proper spherical bearings, or going for powerflex or similar poly bushings.

Hi Tim

I just ordered a set of the 968 castor blocks for my S2. They were $167 for the pair from BWA if that helps. Probably worth finding a cheaper used set if you want to put poly in them though. I might put Powerflex black bushings in mine when I wear them out. Could be a while though. :P 

43 minutes ago, OzJustin said:

Hi Tim

I just ordered a set of the 968 castor blocks for my S2. They were $167 for the pair from BWA if that helps. Probably worth finding a cheaper used set if you want to put poly in them though. I might put Powerflex black bushings in mine when I wear them out. Could be a while though. :P 

Thanks, that's a good price.  I'm still running the stock 944 items, so even some new 968 blocks with the stock rubber will be an upgrade. But yes, I was thinking of going straight to Powerflex black bushings if I find a cheap used set.

9 hours ago, Timm said:

Thanks, that's a good price.  I'm still running the stock 944 items, so even some new 968 blocks with the stock rubber will be an upgrade. But yes, I was thinking of going straight to Powerflex black bushings if I find a cheap used set.

Sounds like a plan. I’ll be curious to hear what you think of the Powerflex black and whether they’re too harsh for the street. They have the slightly softer purple ones too.

Archived