WTB - 997S manual

wilburforce

I'm in need of a new daily and looking around for a manual 997.  Preferably an S with Sports Chrono and lowish kms but will consider the 3.6 as well.  Would possibly consider a 996.2S in manual as well - but that's at a pinch.

Who's got what?

Anyone had a look at this one? https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2005/SSE-AD-5461046/

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2018 at 9:11 PM, wilburforce said:

I'm in need of a new daily and looking around for a manual 997.  Preferably an S with Sports Chrono and lowish kms but will consider the 3.6 as well.  Would possibly consider a 996.2S in manual as well - but that's at a pinch.

Who's got what?

Anyone had a look at this one? https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2005/SSE-AD-5461046/

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-5532395

On 7/4/2018 at 8:33 PM, JWM said:

That’s the one that sold in a few hours from the Hunter Valley a couple weeks ago for $80,000. Flipper... ?

I just noticed it now has different wheels and trade plates...and a person with the same name now has a black Carrera with the wheels off this one on it... Dealer trading cars privately to avoid Carsales fees?

On 7/8/2018 at 10:43 AM, JWM said:

I just noticed it now has different wheels and trade plates...and a person with the same name now has a black Carrera with the wheels off this one on it... Dealer trading cars privately to avoid Carsales fees?

Carsales fee is about $60 last I checked, not a huge percentage on an $80k+ car?

58 minutes ago, MFX said:

Carsales fee is about $60 last I checked, not a huge percentage on an $80k+ car?

Dealer pays more, and has to pay $45 per enquiry

23 minutes ago, Zelrik911 said:

But if they don't want people to enquire (& pay the $45 fee) why don't they put relevant info in the description.

This one is a classic - as there is not one word of the car's description in the text:

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/OAG-AD-16177923/?Cr=1

There is only a whinge that you shouldn't bother them - because, I guess,  they are soooo busy & important.

"..... and welcome all genuine enquiries. But if you still need to clear the purchase of a Porsche with your accountant, partner or even your own conscience, please enjoy the photos and come back to us when you are right to go. Please only enquire if you have a genuine interest in this vehicle, as we are charged $$$ for every enquiry made. ( Please don't enquire more than once on the same car )We are located on the Sydneys....." 

100% I agree! I guess if a dealer screws you you could get everyone you know to make an enquiry ?

BTW I loooove that colour. I might have to go and have a look at it :wub:

• 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, wilburforce said:

Bit of a thread bump here - anyone looking at selling or know about anything that's not on the market at the moment?

There are slim pickings!

I know of a neat 964 targa. I know that's not what you are asking but maybe in the mysterious ways of the universe it could be a sign? Yeh, thinking about it a little more I'm pretty sure that it is. 

16 minutes ago, hugh said:

I know of a neat 964 targa. I know that's not what you are asking but maybe in the mysterious ways of the universe it could be a sign? Yeh, thinking about it a little more I'm pretty sure that it is. 

Very unhelpful mate. You’re meant to be keeping me on track! I spent the rest of Sunday looking into 996TT again after catching up with @Fraz

5 hours ago, wilburforce said:

Very unhelpful mate. You’re meant to be keeping me on track! I spent the rest of Sunday looking into 996TT again after catching up with @Fraz

Baaah, if I had known you were that keen I would have really corrupted you and taken you for drive mate. 

If your keen on a Turbo @wilburforce come and have a detailed look at mine which will set a good base line and I can give you some pointers on what to watch out for.

Great cars, you won’t be disappointed with a 996TT, do it. 

5 hours ago, hugh said:

Plus one on that Targa, such a sweet example. 

Archived