Mexico Blue 996 Coupe

I’ve been on here for a few years. Had a few 914’s and a 986 Boxster. 

Was time I actually posted a few Pix of my 996 that I just got. 

History of it. Was Ocean blue, painted Mexico blue, theme has been noted as modern retro. As a package with the Fuchs, ducktail and hounds tooth trim. Makes it a very attractive car.  Front bumper is off a C4S as are the lights. 

Exhaust was done by NineAuto. Looks stock and has a nice bark. 

567DC4B9-6324-4255-AF16-C9826E0ED3DC.jpg

A9BAB249-177B-4ADB-B377-AA37ACFCF375.jpg

B0D7489A-EC9B-420C-A520-C1E67CAC99D7.jpg

C4BB5DC5-D89C-452F-84EE-D1865B4DA7C1.jpg

3 minutes ago, D2000 said:

Looks awesome. So is that a 996.1 converted to 996.2 front end or was it always a 996.2?

It’s a 98 build. So cable throttle. I was stalling on buying a 996 for ages as I wanted a 98-99 Coupe Manual. I wanted 3.4 and cable throttle. I wanted fried eggs. Then this popped up and well the rego plates are my initials. So I had to have it.  

Car was built by David. Lots here will know who he is. I can’t take any credit for it at all. Only thing I want to change is ....... nothing. Lol. 

43 minutes ago, Clarkie said:

It’s a 98 build. So cable throttle. I was stalling on buying a 996 for ages as I wanted a 98-99 Coupe Manual. I wanted 3.4 and cable throttle. I wanted fried eggs. Then this popped up and well the rego plates are my initials. So I had to have it.  

Car was built by David. Lots here will know who he is. I can’t take any credit for it at all. Only thing I want to change is ....... nothing. Lol. 

Nice one. So all it takes to go 996.1 to .2 front end is new bumper and lights?

6 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

This photo :wub::wub::wub: and reg was your initials? It was waiting for you Clarkie

B0D7489A-EC9B-420C-A520-C1E67CAC99D7.jpg

Yup. When I saw the reg was my initials I had to see it. And I had to buy it.  

1 hour ago, 01CFOR said:

Brilliant - love the duck , and was thinking similar for my 996 - Who is David or is there a AUS supplier of the duck ?

Shane

David is known to quite a few. He restores Porsche’s and works with the trade in used parts. 

Duck tail I’m not sure of where he got it from. I’ll see what I can do to find out. 

17 hours ago, Clarkie said:

David is known to quite a few. He restores Porsche’s and works with the trade in used parts. 

Duck tail I’m not sure of where he got it from. I’ll see what I can do to find out. 

Thanks Clarkie - looks sensational - maybe if you can PM me David's details - ta (or if you find out the duck manufacturer / supplier)

Shane

5 hours ago, 01CFOR said:

Thanks Clarkie - looks sensational - maybe if you can PM me David's details - ta (or if you find out the duck manufacturer / supplier)

Shane

Stuart at NineAuto may know too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived