Where can I get a Halotron fire extinguisher?

I'm paranoid about my '88 911 catching fire, heard too many horror stories and my first car caught fire while I was driving it. An extinguisher seems like cheap insurance. When I lived in the US I had a small Halotron extinguisher from H3R (https://www.h3rperformance.com/) which I kept in the car. But when I moved to Oz I figured it wouldn't be ok to ship it, so I left it behind. Now I'm finding it hard to find a replacement here. I've found two full-service fire equipment suppliers who sell Amerex Halotron extinguishers, but I'm not sure they supply the public. Isn't there someplace I can order one online here? Presumably folks who race have to have one in the car.

Thanks in advance!

Yep, that's the one place I found! I guess I'll give them a call. I did find a lot of places that carry all kinds of stuff for motorsport, but their extinguishers are all dry powder. Kiss your electronics goodbye after you coat them in that stuff.

Jack,

I’ll be interested in the prices you're given.

Another good approach is to reduce the risk of fire in the first place and for later 3.2’s that means placing fuses in the leads to the the front condenser fan and the two powering the ash tray and heater control lights.  Plus keeping the fuel hose harness on top of the engine crack and leak free too I guess!

ME3 I guess now you got me thinking about it , although I do have the spares outta the other cars and the GT3 in the garage close by.. maybe a biggy for the corner and throw all the old ones away …  Tell em you got friends in high places and we wanna bargain 

I will have em all custom painted with PFA logos or Porsche emblems  and start selling em to the porschefiles

I got a quote from Deltafire.com.au

Amerex Model,

A384T – 1.4lb c/w Bracket = $150.00 USD

B385TS – 2.5lb c/w Bracket = $165.00 USD

B386T – 5lb c/w Bracket = $265.00 USD

Note: -

Prices are ex Alabama USA

Freight Not Included

• 10 months later...