Mobridge

Ten Degrees

Who has one of these?

I had the M2 Connect installed last week.   Basically gave me phone function and bluetooth music streaming.

A couple of questions.   The user manual that came with it has some "special numbers" to dial to get things like, software version, factory reset, call volume, ringer volume....and the one that i really want, Bluetooth streaming volume.   Anyone used them and know how it works.  I can't sort it out.    The music streaming has quite a low volume, meaning the phone must be on max volume to get anything close to decent, and if by accident you switch back to radio without lowing the volume  = ear drum explosion!

Phone book.   It appears the 997 PCM 2 has a limit to how many phone numbers can be added.   So when the mobridge syncs with the car, I only get phone numbers up to letter D in my contacts list.  Essentially useless.    Any ideas on that one?

Looking for any information I can get

Thanks,  Tim

Hi Tim,

The unit will only retrieve the first 100 or so entries from your phones contacts. This isn't a MObridge limitation but rather the PCM unit itself, It simply can't store/hold more than that. Annoying I know! You must have a lot of mates to be only at the letter D in your address book and be at 100 :blink:

I find the contact list and user interface clunky on the PCM unit (even via the steering wheel controls). If I need to call I just have my phone in a cradle on the vent and quickly select the contact via the phone then let the Bluetooth do it's thing. Not ideal but works for me.

In terms of the volume issue, I'm not a 100% sure on how to adjust this, I know I turn my phone media volume up to 100% when playing music through Bluetooth but I find I don't need to turn the PCM volume up too much to have it loud. - Might be because I have the BOSE system which cranks more than enough for me. 

On 6/24/2018 at 5:12 PM, Ten Degrees said:

Who has one of these?

I had the M2 Connect installed last week.   Basically gave me phone function and bluetooth music streaming.

A couple of questions.   The user manual that came with it has some "special numbers" to dial to get things like, software version, factory reset, call volume, ringer volume....and the one that i really want, Bluetooth streaming volume.   Anyone used them and know how it works.  I can't sort it out.    The music streaming has quite a low volume, meaning the phone must be on max volume to get anything close to decent, and if by accident you switch back to radio without lowing the volume  = ear drum explosion!

Phone book.   It appears the 997 PCM 2 has a limit to how many phone numbers can be added.   So when the mobridge syncs with the car, I only get phone numbers up to letter D in my contacts list.  Essentially useless.    Any ideas on that one?

Looking for any information I can get

Thanks,  Tim

I used one of these the other day on a family friends 997. Basically the Mobridge pretends to be a CD Changer so changing the "CD" will give you access to different option/functions. So for example selecting CD1 will give you access to AUX, CD2 might give you Bluetooth and CD6 will give you settings etc. Then the "tracks" of the CD6 - Settings will give you more options to change.

On our Cayenne Mobridge there is a Bluetooth volume setting within the Mobridge software that can only be adjusted by connecting to a laptop. Talk to your installer or figure out how to connect to the Mobridge yourself. I’ve never had success because ours is a really old version but you should be able to download the software from the Mobridge website, then connect the laptop to the Mobridge via Bluetooth.

On 6/25/2018 at 10:27 AM, 911 Snake said:

Hi Tim,

The unit will only retrieve the first 100 or so entries from your phones contacts. This isn't a MObridge limitation but rather the PCM unit itself, It simply can't store/hold more than that. Annoying I know! You must have a lot of mates to be only at the letter D in your address book and be at 100 :blink:

I find the contact list and user interface clunky on the PCM unit (even via the steering wheel controls). If I need to call I just have my phone in a cradle on the vent and quickly select the contact via the phone then let the Bluetooth do it's thing. Not ideal but works for me.

In terms of the volume issue, I'm not a 100% sure on how to adjust this, I know I turn my phone media volume up to 100% when playing music through Bluetooth but I find I don't need to turn the PCM volume up too much to have it loud. - Might be because I have the BOSE system which cranks more than enough for me. 

You're right, I probably won't use the car phone functions as much as I thought.    Mine also has the Bose, but would be nice to have both the bluetooth streaming and other media at the same level.    I have emailed Mobridge, but yet to hear back from them

12 hours ago, dan_189 said:

I used one of these the other day on a family friends 997. Basically the Mobridge pretends to be a CD Changer so changing the "CD" will give you access to different option/functions. So for example selecting CD1 will give you access to AUX, CD2 might give you Bluetooth and CD6 will give you settings etc. Then the "tracks" of the CD6 - Settings will give you more options to change.

Mine isn't the version that uses the CD changer.  That'd be the iPod connection.    My CD changer still works as normal with both the internal single disc and the 5 in the front.

For what its worth I was very unimpressed with Mobridge products but would highly recommend Dension ones. I've got one in my 996 and their support and products are excellent.

3 minutes ago, Ten Degrees said:

You're right, I probably won't use the car phone functions as much as I thought.    Mine also has the Bose, but would be nice to have both the bluetooth streaming and other media at the same level.    I have emailed Mobridge, but yet to hear back from them

Mine isn't the version that uses the CD changer.  That'd be the iPod connection.    My CD changer still works as normal with both the internal single disc and the 5 in the front.

Do you have a MOST system?

5 hours ago, dan_189 said:

For what its worth I was very unimpressed with Mobridge products but would highly recommend Dension ones. I've got one in my 996 and their support and products are excellent.

Do you have a MOST system?

Yep......I think I got this.....

M2 Connect MOST

Archived