E10 rip off update

tazzieman

many of you know this ; the fuel has been discussed before. But just so as to pour more petrol on the fire

https://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/motoring-news/e10-petrol-ripoff-pushes-motorists-into-premium-fuel-doesnt-lead-to-cleaner-air/news-story/6669a4e3ada1095980b74615c710caaa

Never used it myself.

I "experimented " with this in the wife's Corolla, which is supposedly designed for it, at found a large descrepecy in miles (woops....kilometres) travelled per tank as well as power available.  Even the wife noticed the difference, without me telling her, and filled up with "the good stuff", as she put it....BP98.

19 minutes ago, dobbo said:

If my memory serves me well prime minister John Howard started all this and it so happened his brother ran Milandra who benefited from the use of ethanol in fuel.  

I thought it was a sop to the nationals for the cane farming base?

Either way it's a terrible idea.  Sell E85 for people who want it and leave the rest alone.

We have been well an truly screwed hard here in NSW for a number years now all for the claimed benefit of the environment ...........The big issue that has every one angry is the large difference in price between E10 and 98 my local for E10 Today  was $1.43 liter and $1.58 for 98 ,,,a lot of people really doing it tough due to the out off control cost of living ,and the excessive toll costs to use Sydney,s crap roads ,this 15 c and sometimes as much as 20 c difference forces those struggling to use E10 ...........Last week our state government gave it self a pat on back for being 3.2 billion in surplus :angry:

4 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Used it to top up hire cars on return most times... I figure it's only fair ....

Kerosine - when I was a kid working at the local BP service station (many years ago) people used to come in and fill up on much cheaper kero, from the pump, before they returned their rental cars. I thought they were cheap asses; but they were probably trying to "get even" 

10 minutes ago, Zelrik911 said:

Kerosine - when I was a kid working at the local BP service station (many years ago) people used to come in and fill up on much cheaper kero, from the pump, before they returned their rental cars. I thought they were cheap asses; but they were probably trying to "get even" 

Hahahha yep gotta try and even the ledger somehow  with there damn insurance extra $$$$ charge

8 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

98 was $1.78 at the pump here today...

The point I was making was the price gap ,,,,,,,,,there should not be  15 c to 20 c price difference ,,this is clearly done to make E10 more attractive to the consumer ,,,even though we all aware of its short falls ..What is the price difference at your local servo ...?

18 minutes ago, Raven said:

The point I was making was the price gap ,,,,,,,,,there should not be  15 c to 20 c price difference ,,this is clearly done to make E10 more attractive to the consumer ,,,even though we all aware of its short falls ..What is the price difference at your local servo ...?

No E10. It hasn't caught on down here. As you know we are 15-20 years behind any trend. Beats me why people are fighting to live down here.

2 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

No E10. It hasn't caught on down here. As you know we are 15-20 years behind any trend. Beats me why people are fighting to live down here.

Now, now Tazzie, there’ll be no deflecting the 250,000 extra souls we’ll be sending you from the mainland, they can’t stay here, we’re full if you follow the media hype. We should share our bountiful numbers with our southern cousins.

6 minutes ago, GC9911 said:

Now, now Tazzie, there’ll be no deflecting the 250,000 extra souls we’ll be sending you from the mainland, they can’t stay here, we’re full if you follow the media hype. We should share our bountiful numbers with our southern cousins.

Seriously there are no houses left though. And we don't do high rise apartments. And now we have gridlock.

4 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

Seriously there are no houses left though. And we don't do high rise apartments. And now we have gridlock.

Wait until you get the high rise apartments, they’re coming to you. 

23 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

That,s a good thing Tazz ,,the article you posted is spot on ,,,,,there is nothing good about E10  , sooner they do away with it the better ..

You realise there is no David Jones or Lambo dealer (not even Maserati) and you have to service your own Porsche.

You can't even buy chihuahuas.

It's pretty backward. Roads are good though , until you meet a tourist. Lots of them around!

eLLJFVr.jpg

Archived