1998 Macrae Porsche 550 replica Spyder

Interesting they left the type 4 cooling in place. I couldn't get that on mine. I had to remove the fan, etc otherwise the engine/gearbox sat too far to the rear and the axles angle was too sharp

Unless they moved the firewall forward!

• 4 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, rafikdous said:

all Porsches (except the 550) were passed in at Shannons last night

It's crazy, the plates sell for a fortune but the cars were mostly passed in!

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2018-shannons-rare-number-plate-auction-in-conjunction-with-motorclassica/B591Y92DLV1BEYBI/

I couldn't begin to imagine what this will sell for!

Plates are good if you are using SuperFund money.

They are "Artworks" that you can can stick on your car & enjoy instead of putting them in a vault (like a painting). Mate has a 2 digit Vic plate - he says every time he looks at it on his daily driver car, it makes him happy at his investment.

12 minutes ago, Zelrik911 said:

They are "Artworks" that you can can stick on your car & enjoy instead of putting them in a vault (like a painting). Mate has a 2 digit Vic plate - he says every time he looks at it on his daily driver car, it makes him happy at his investment.

Hmmm, hope his superfund auditor doesn't know about that then.....

44 minutes ago, Zelrik911 said:

Artworks like this must be in the vault at Fort Knox or buried in a bunker in Antartica according to my auditors.... also he'd be at a fair loss if it was stolen off his daily!

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

Artworks like this must be in the vault at Fort Knox or buried in a bunker in Antartica according to my auditors.... also he'd be at a fair loss if it was stolen off his daily!

That is correct.....they cannot be "enjoyed" by Members of the Super Fund.

Assets of this type must be locked away. If they found him using them.....big trouble.

Cheers,

Geoff.

32 minutes ago, red clubbie said:

Assets of this type must be locked away. If they found him using them.....big trouble.

Cheers,

Geoff.

Mate has a very valuable racing P car held overseas in his SMSF.  Great investment, but I'd find it incredibly frustrating not to be able to drive such a magnificent beast ?

5 hours ago, red clubbie said:

Cheers,

Geoff.

Maybe originals locked away and a copy set on the car? Not sure if this is OK or not.

2 hours ago, Airhead said:

Maybe originals locked away and a copy set on the car? Not sure if this is OK or not.

Yes - exactly right. The original porcelain Vic. plates are in his underwear drawer at home and very good copies on his daily driver.

He has had a few of these copies nicked over the years and he is actually more concerned about thieves/vandals than his SMSF auditor. Reckons its like having a Brett Whiteley painting in your SMSF , with original stored in Fort Knox, and a perfect copy on your lounge room wall.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:26 AM, JLD said:

It's crazy, the plates sell for a fortune but the cars were mostly passed in!

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2018-shannons-rare-number-plate-auction-in-conjunction-with-motorclassica/B591Y92DLV1BEYBI/

I couldn't begin to imagine what this will sell for!

911 number plate sold for just over half a mill

• 4 weeks later...

Archived