Nurburgring lap record smashed

JV911

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, JV911 said:

The 234km/h average and the few video clips popping up confirm my suspicions that Bernhard has a massive pair

With the downforce being generated more like massive neck muscles. 

I have watched this a few times now and it is just incredible, the intimate knowledge that he would have to have of the track just to do that time. The acceleration is amazing, to see how quick it got to top speed on the straight, wow.

I guess the world was saying the same as we are here when Bellof broke the record. 

10 hours ago, TINGY944 said:

I guess the world was saying the same as we are here when Bellof broke the record. 

https://jalopnik.com/onboard-view-shows-how-porsche-destroyed-the-all-time-n-1827235601

"Bellof set his untouchable lap in qualifying for the race, so the only actual mention of his record 6:11.13 time was on a qualifying results page."

"As far as his record went, it took years for it to be spoken with the kind of reverence that it held even today, when the 919 Hybrid Evo bested it. To everyone that day, it was expected that the 956C would be faster than its predecessors, and just a routine thing to set a fast lap in practice. 

Porsche’s head of engineering at the time, Norbert Singer, told Jalopnik that Bellof’s record wasn’t even a planned thing. It was just normal work. When the time came through, some of Singer’s teammates asked it the time posted was a mistake, but that’s about as much attention as it got for years.

Its about time they throw out the rule books and let them at it. Could mean the hospitals would be full of nanny's having a heart attack at the risk involved. 

Check out the corner apex speed as this is far more important than straight line speed. 

35 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

You'd be a fan of the Gloucester  cheese rolling competition :lol:

That's my home town....

Grandparents used to live at the bottom of the hill.

Walked up there heaps as a kid it's actually a lot steeper than it looks 1 in 2 i think.

Utterly bonkers...

45 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

You'd be a fan of the Gloucester  cheese rolling competition :lol:

Yep love it. But it has been noticed by the nanny's and they are formulating their evil plan. 

Archived