The Truth About Buying Porsche GT Cars That Everyone Knows, But Is Afraid to say

1 hour ago, firstone said:

Think he should lay off the whisky and get a script. Feck it took him a long time to say something simple. :rofl:  

I deleted what I had posted earlier. Get to the point mate!! ?

I hung in there for 20 minutes to give him an opportunity to make a point, still waiting.

wait till he tries to sell his Evora, he will loose as much as his mate did on a GT3.

Nothing more to say

oh nice shirt - Evora man ? 

I'm on holiday so sat through the whole thing.  Long winded but his point seems to be the Porsche approach of selling GT cars to selected individuals only leads to high demand for lightly used cars artificially inflating prices but only for the "right" spec (eg. clubsport pack even if pointless for a road driven car) and only if rarely or never driven.  He laments Porsche allowing this to go on, incentivising the chosen few to not drive their cars and others to jump on the band wagon hoping for a quick buck.  He suggests Porsche should interrogate buyers like Ferrari does to limit the flippers.  And you should buy a GT expecting it to depreciate and go drive the bloody thing.

3 hours ago, DJM said:

I'm on holiday so sat through the whole thing.  Long winded but his point seems to be the Porsche approach of selling GT cars to selected individuals only leads to high demand for lightly used cars artificially inflating prices but only for the "right" spec (eg. clubsport pack even if pointless for a road driven car) and only if rarely or never driven.  He laments Porsche allowing this to go on, incentivising the chosen few to not drive their cars and others to jump on the band wagon hoping for a quick buck.  He suggests Porsche should interrogate buyers like Ferrari does to limit the flippers.  And you should buy a GT expecting it to depreciate and go drive the bloody thing.

if they wanted to stop the flippers they'd just sell to anyone with money, no limited run bs.

5 minutes ago, clutch-monkey said:

if they wanted to stop the flippers they'd just sell to anyone with money, no limited run bs.

The only way to stop the flippers is to not pay the inflated ask, flippers who don’t actually want the cars, just the profit will soon move on if they lose money. 

35 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

The only way to stop the flippers is to not pay the inflated ask, flippers who don’t actually want the cars, just the profit will soon move on if they lose money. 

except that is tricky if you can't obtain the car you really want anywhere else..

whereas if you can just go buy another one off porsche at normal price, the flippers will be stuffed.

2 minutes ago, clutch-monkey said:

except that is tricky if you can't obtain the car you really want anywhere else..

whereas if you can just go buy another one off porsche at normal price, the flippers will be stuffed.

If you really want/need the car to use no biggie if you keep it for 10 years,but if you pay  400 for a car worth 350 expecting  to flip it yourself for 450 in six months without using it , you are more than likely to get your fingers burnt, SUCKED IN.

I really think that if they had the capacity to just keep churning them out, they wouldn`t be a Porsche, and if you look at he numbers this is only a very big problem for a very small amount of people.

23 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

If you really want/need the car to use no biggie if you keep it for 10 years,but if you pay  400 for a car worth 350 expecting  to flip it yourself for 450 in six months without using it , you are more than likely to get your fingers burnt, SUCKED IN.

I really think that if they had the capacity to just keep churning them out, they wouldn`t be a Porsche, and if you look at he numbers this is only a very big problem for a very small amount of people.

how is that no biggie? the first flipper gets his 50k profit regardless of whether you keep it ten years or not, and thus, the cycle continues. unless you can ignore old mate flipper and spend 350k to get one direct from porsche. then none of the flippers have a market.. easy solution.

as for churning them out, that has no relevance in a world where boxsters and cayennes exist. porsche clearly isn't that worried about it.

11 minutes ago, clutch-monkey said:

how is that no biggie? the first flipper gets his 50k profit regardless of whether you keep it ten years or not, and thus, the cycle continues. unless you can ignore old mate flipper and spend 350k to get one direct from porsche. then none of the flippers have a market.. easy solution.

as for churning them out, that has no relevance in a world where boxsters and cayennes exist. porsche clearly isn't that worried about it.

It’s no biggie because you know what you are getting into for a car you absolutely have to have( if there is such a thing) and are prepared to pay. There is no way to stop this happening as long as it’s not illegal, and the must haves must have.

if they could, and churned the GT’s out they would be far less desirable and the must haves would move onto something else that no one could get.

44 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

if they could, and churned the GT’s out they would be far less desirable and the must haves would move onto something else that no one could get.

nothing but positives there haha

get the GT cars back into the hands of the drivers again!

PCQ days used to have 60+ cars out..new GT3's, brand new GT3RS, aircooled of all sorts.. now they can't even fill a half day due to people hiding them away.

I love juicy first world problems

The market dictates prices, if someone is prepared to pay stupid money for a car, who gives a shit; move to North Korea if you dont like capitalism

Since when did Porsche ownership become yet another entitlement?

1 hour ago, clutch-monkey said:

PCQ days used to have 60+ cars out..new GT3's, brand new GT3RS, aircooled of all sorts.. now they can't even fill a half day due to people hiding them away.

This isn't the case in PCNSW, I would say 30-40% of the field is GT cars... from 996 to brand new stuff. It makes me very happy to see. 

Mine is hidden away, but not because I intend to flip, just because I've got a new baby in the house and not a lot of time to drive it.

The last RS really did annoy me though. They brought in so many of them (probably more than the current GT3) and all these people trying to flip them $100k above list.

Archived