Two interesting Landrovers

While this is not a LR forum I thought there may be a couple of people on here interested in the following as they're generally pretty hard to find.  They're for sale about 20min from where we operate. The owner is a genuine good guy and been a mad LR fan & owner his whole life (I think ownership count is in the 20's across the various generations).  Unfortunately he's not well and looking to move on his vehicles.  I have no financial interest in these but would like to see them go to a good home.  I am considering the 101 however have committed to a 'one in one out' policy so not sure what I'm happy to move on...  So here they are:

1) Landrover 101.  Rare 4.4 aluminium engine, balanced ported etc, high speed early Range Rover gearbox giving top speed of 120 & nice cruising of 100.  Fuel tank restored & refitted.  The body, to my eyes looks roughish (ie it's not a fully restored example) but there appears to be no massive terminal rust etc.  Two massive LPG tanks mounted in the rear giving an enormous range.  Has been used for private expedition travel in Aus.  Currently on full NSW registration. 20k.

2) Landrover Perentie RFSV (Regional Forces Surveilance Vehicle).  For those in the know, these are the best of the lot with many extra high spec goodies over the standard perenties.  The current owner is the first and only owner out of military service.  The vehicle was tracked from pre auction and was a training vehicle based at Kapooka and saw about 35000kms of service duty.  As far as perenties go you wouldn't find better.  Since in current owners hands has NOS canvas fitted, turbo and clutch kit (KLR) plus a couple of other replaced items.  Purchased at auction for 28k, owner has at least 7k in it.  Comes with all gardening implements and extras associated with the RFSV range.  25k.

The figures mentioned about are (it seems to me) non negotiable & given his circumstance it'd be nice to think he'd get his asking.  They're both quite rare & sought after in the LR world and I doubt they'd ever be worth less than the asking price. 

Feel free to PM me if they're of interest.  The owner is happy for me to pass on his mobile number & I've got a couple of rough pics.  I believe, knowing the owner a little, you'd be best off going in person to have a look and chat with the owner.

Hi Gavin

Theyre both pretty narrow market vehicles, 101’s especially (from my limited experience) are a really acquired taste that tend to change hands between those in the know. I’d suggest dropping Anthony Johnson an email, he’s the got to guy in Aus for anyone wanting a 101, he regularly imports them and all the spares to go with them.

http://www.101spares.com/Contact.htm

Good guy, been to his place a few times. His 101 goes like a rocket....

Cheers

Mike

12 hours ago, Mike-S said:

Hi Gavin

Theyre both pretty narrow market vehicles, 101’s especially (from my limited experience) are a really acquired taste that tend to change hands between those in the know. I’d suggest dropping Anthony Johnson an email, he’s the got to guy in Aus for anyone wanting a 101, he regularly imports them and all the spares to go with them.

http://www.101spares.com/Contact.htm

Good guy, been to his place a few times. His 101 goes like a rocket....

Cheers

Mike

Thanks Mike - I'll get in touch with Anthony.

Archived