can you have a look at that clunking sound?

5 minutes ago, turboT said:

Every time I turned sharply to the left or right in my 930 there was this clunking sound. 

Got the diagnosis back today from AH

"we took the spanners out of your door pocket..." 

haha... how many billable hours were used to reach the diagnosis?

7 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

What on earth were you doing with spanners in the door pocket?

waiting to put them back in the tool bag of course

11 minutes ago, Mike D'Silva said:

haha... how many billable hours were used to reach the diagnosis?

a few...

I love this.  This is the sort of thing that'd  happen to me.  Thanks Tom,  I've had a good laugh this morning.

I'm sure the mechs at AH would have had a great giggle..... The stuff of stories in the future.....

24 minutes ago, Raven said:

loose change stuck under the seat is a common one also ...............:lol::lol: pulled a few dollars worth out from under my 997 seats :Chuckle2:

Sounds like it's time for a new manpurse :lol:

And Tom , are you sure those spanners don't have "Land Rover" stamped on them? The ones that go clunk and not clink?

:D

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

Sounds like Stew with the big ring spanner he found ontop of his engine that had been there for years ?

Had the same in an aeroplane once going into Marble Bar.  The spanner hit the prop then bounced off the windscreen.

After landing I removed the cowl to find a wire wrap tool.

No, I couldn't see them during the preflight, they were too far back.

I returned to base and rang the engineers to see if they wanted it polished and greased.

44 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

Had the same in an aeroplane once going into Marble Bar.  The spanner hit the prop then bounced off the windscreen.

After landing I removed the cowl to find a wire wrap tool.

No, I couldn't see them during the preflight, they were too far back.

I returned to base and rang the engineers to see if they wanted it polished and greased.

It SHOULD be like a surgical operation. But even surgeons leave stuff inside!

2 hours ago, tazzieman said:

It SHOULD be like a surgical operation. But even surgeons leave stuff inside!

SHOULD and they SHOULD be double checked.

I think the engineer, the apprentice and the pilot learnt something that day.

19 hours ago, turboT said:

Every time I turned sharply to the left or right in my 930 there was this clunking sound. 

Got the diagnosis back today from AH

"we took the spanners out of your door pocket..." 

You're not the guy in the Supercheap ad are you ?

10 hours ago, Ozvino said:

I find this story hard to believe- Tom had spanners  out?

Not sure what came over me....AH showed me how to change head light lenses on my 912 the other day. Told me it could take all afternoon. 20 minutes later job is done.

Returned the 912 to them this week. I now have a new feature where turning on the headlights now turns off the engine. Especially useful when driving at night...

Its unlikely the two are related ? 

3 hours ago, OZ930 said:

You're not the guy in the Supercheap ad are you ?

there's nothing cheap about fixing spanners in your pocket..

2 minutes ago, turboT said:

Not sure what came over me....AH showed me how to change head light lenses on my 912 the other day. Told me it could take all afternoon. 20 minutes later job is done.

Returned the 912 to them this week. I now have a new feature where turning on the headlights now turns off the engine. Especially useful when driving at night...

I think you might have missed a step, expert says couple of hours, novice is in at 20mins, something missed?

I know a very well respected Melbourne Porsche mechanic who spents months trying to tune the pinging out of his C3.0 - until his son noticed the loose bolt and washer on one of the rear seat belt mounts...

17 hours ago, GC9911 said:

I think you might have missed a step, expert says couple of hours, novice is in at 20mins, something missed?

old wiring shorting out somewhere under the hood (technical explanation). Fixed.

My 20 minute handywork not the cause ;) 

On 7/4/2018 at 5:53 PM, LeeM said:

Love it

Sounds like Stew with the big ring spanner he found ontop of his engine that had been there for years ?

Most older cars don’t handle properly unless a 10mm socket is left in the top mount of the strut tower.

Archived