Nations Cup GT3's

12 hours ago, Tips said:

Jason was definately a LHD cup car just wasn’t sure if it was one of the original Nations cars

The original Nations Cup Cars were RHD (delivered and able to be registered) MK1 GT3's, this is before Cup Cars become available (996.2's). That's why the MK1 is such a special car, it is essentially a road registered Cup Car of the era. As time has gone on the gap between road GT3 & Cup Car has grown significantly, they are now completely different cars. That wasn't always the case though. That's why these Nations Cup Cars in particular are so interesting, especially seeing them still getting around on the road and registered! 

High is correct, the Nations Cup cars were RHD road cars converted into race cars. My TNT Nations Cup car is still fully road registered in Victoria....multiple people have told me it was the first GT3 bought into Australia ? I’ve never been able to verify so happy to hear from anyone with Porsche Australia import records ?

The Warwick Fabrics car was destroyed in the old East Coast Targa event by a mate of mine (R.I.P Doug). That was back in 2004!

Doug had done a bit of circuit racing and 2004 Targa Tasmania in it since buying it from PCM. Max Warwick traded it on a '04 GT3.

Memories.. I did the low diff' upgrades on a lot of those cars before they were delivered new.

9 hours ago, Masterwerk said:

The Warwick Fabrics car was destroyed in the old East Coast Targa event by a mate of mine (R.I.P Doug). That was back in 2004!

Doug had done a bit of circuit racing and 2004 Targa Tasmania in it since buying it from PCM. Max Warwick traded it on a '04 GT3.

Memories.. I did the low diff' upgrades on a lot of those cars before they were delivered new.

I do remember that very sad incident... 

Good to see you on here @Masterwerk 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jason A said:

It’s an Eiffel Tower shifter - lol different from the one in mine. I suspect they are all a bit different depending on how deep the owners pockets were.

The cage in this one is a lot less complex than the one that came in my car

I believe this car ended up with a 997 cup car sequential gearbox 

• 1 month later...