Nations Cup GT3's

17 hours ago, James P said:

Thanks for the heads up on this.  Great to watch, those 996 GT3s are pretty good 🙂 

59 minutes ago, Peter John said:

Thanks for sharing this @James P started watching a few minutes and wow it’s awesome to watch. I wasn’t an enthusiast back then so it’s pretty awesome to see. You could argue a special time in Aussie Motorsport history. 

Yes it was a special time back then everything was more relaxed but we were still serious about racing... id like to see the 2001 Sandown 500 race, the car i own now finished 5th & i was working on it at that race  

• 4 months later...

Been lucky recently to be placed in charge of returning the 2002 Nations Cup championship winning car back to life & ready for the Philip Island classic, it has been sitting idle for 10 years,  Jim Richards won the series in 2002 in a brand new 996 Cup

agp-a-richards1-m.jpg

6c-nat5-m.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi all,I was wondering if I can get some help?  I have been told on two occasions my car was a Nations Cup car. I have no proof though. The car has an RS diff, RS gearing, upgraded brakes, internal and external engine cut off. If there is anything else I can provide for confirmation please let me know. TIA, Rob

IMG_6186[1].JPG

IMG_8447[1].JPG

IMG_8465[1].JPG

1 minute ago, GTP911 said:

I suggest it may be the GT3 we discussed way back on page 94 on the 996 GT3 thread... Warrick Morris car (refer: battery dash cutoff through dash) in video:

(2) Had the old GT3 on an interesting twisty back road - YouTube

VIN was WPOZZZ99ZYS691028 _ also had Build ID code 722 = Internal production (GT-car)

Yes same car...

• 2 months later...
57 minutes ago, stephan said:

good morning all, i have just signed up after finding this group. i have the mark williamson car - speed yellow off course. fully log booked and have owned it for nearly 13 years

Welcome Stephan, I adore your MK1

17 minutes ago, TrevMcRev said:

Nice one. Looks to have a full cage still too.

It's a neat car. I often catch Stephan at the odd Vic hill climb and at Winton sprint events, warmed engine too!