Nations Cup GT3's

Beyond Nations Cup, Maher also ran his black GT3 at Targa Tasmania (either in 2001 and 2002, or in 2002 and 2003), and it was also leased by Crick Greg for Targa Tasmania 2004.

Crick's '04 campaign, with Mark Stacey calling notes, didn't make it beyond the Winnaleah Targa Stage on day 2... Greg retained the car after the crash, repaired and re-sold it a few years later, looking better than ever.

My Cup car shares the shed with my Subaru STi S202 that Tony Sullens used to win Targa that year. Ironically Algadri used to own the Subaru too!

Link to the event TV show here (16:45 for Crick's off) - 

39 minutes ago, stuart_benson said:

Beyond Nations Cup, Maher also ran his black GT3 at Targa Tasmania (either in 2001 and 2002, or in 2002 and 2003), and it was also leased by Crick Greg for Targa Tasmania 2004.

Crick's '04 campaign, with Mark Stacey calling notes, didn't make it beyond the Winnaleah Targa Stage on day 2... Greg retained the car after the crash, repaired and re-sold it a few years later, looking better than ever.

My Cup car shares the shed with my Subaru STi S202 that Tony Sullens used to win Targa that year. Ironically Algadri used to own the Subaru too!

Good one Stuart.  Also good to hear Bazza calling his notes for Jim - I was actually talking to Barry this afternoon, and the subject of Pace Notes came up, and he said that right at the start of their racing relationship, Jim said he wanted a plain english call that described the corner, rather than him having to interpret a number, and that they'd never share their notes with anyone else. 🙂 

53 minutes ago, RVL said:

Thanks Stuart. That's great. I couldn't see any issues at 16.45 It looked liked Cricks made it through that stage if I watch on. Any more info/background would be great

Try 19min. 

Amazing how damaged some of the GT3's got in these events, most are repaired & back on the road as normal cars now... i have bought & sold a few undamaged GT3's over the years & know most of the histories... 

On 07/07/2022 at 17:07, stuart_benson said:

That's awesome! My 2 favourite cars. I also have an early WRX sharing the shed with the GT3. 

My nations cup car also won Rally Tasmania and came 2nd in Targa Tasmania in 2001 as seen in short here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CfjA7q3J6oQ/

It's pretty cool how versatile these things were...competing at race tracks one week and tarmac rallies the next. 

• 2 months later...
On 23/07/2018 at 09:25, Masterwerk said:

The Warwick Fabrics car was destroyed in the old East Coast Targa event by a mate of mine (R.I.P Doug). That was back in 2004!

Doug had done a bit of circuit racing and 2004 Targa Tasmania in it since buying it from PCM. Max Warwick traded it on a '04 GT3.

Memories.. I did the low diff' upgrades on a lot of those cars before they were delivered new.

Woah I accidentally clicked on P2 instead of going to the end of the thread and what do I find, but this post.  I've owned the ex Warwick 2004 GT3 since 2010.  I've got the OE diff in a box ;)

• 6 months later...

Jim Richards @tonysticks

Peter Fitzgerald @1st

Peter Bradbury - Domenic Beninca @MR901

Mark Williamson @stephan

Peter Harburg - Wayne Park 

Steve Webb 

Greg Keene 

Matthew Coleman @Jason A

Max Warwick - (Car Destroyed) 

Tony Quinn @TrevMcRev Aka Trevvy 

Mike Downard @James P

Martin Wagg (I think Wagg still has it)

Any more to add? Surely with next year being 25years for the 99 build there should be a 996.1 GT3 get together of sorts! 

4 hours ago, Peter John said:

Jim Richards @tonysticks

Peter Fitzgerald @1st

Peter Bradbury - Domenic Beninca @MR901

Mark Williamson @stephan

Peter Harburg - Wayne Park 

Steve Webb 

Greg Keene 

Matthew Coleman @Jason A

Max Warwick - (Car Destroyed) 

Tony Quinn @TrevMcRev Aka Trevvy 

Mike Downard @James P

Martin Wagg (I think Wagg still has it)

Any more to add? Surely with next year being 25years for the 99 build there should be a 996.1 GT3 get together of sorts! 

We are talking the first owners in this list, a lot of the cars changed hands as the years went on...

Some updates

Peter Harburg still owns it

Max Warwick car currently being restored in Sydney 

Maher Algadrie car? you know where it is 

4 hours ago, stephan said:

yes thats correct i have the Mark Williamson car , it then went to Perry Spiridis and then to Greg Muller, has been to most race tracks in its time and with me since 2013 still loving it, took it to The Bend last year and we both enjoyed the track!

Check out this clip from Trackside in 2000 Nations cup starts at 15 min in & Porsche cup after that, a lot of our car are featured including yours & my car

4 hours ago, Peter John said:

Lovely @stephan

I’ve just confirmed that I own the MK1 Maher Algadrie car that was number 70 in Nations Cup.

Not sure exactly how many races it did in Nations Cup as Maher had plenty of cars I believe.

I personally wasn’t confident it was the car when I bought it as it’s very clean and tidy but following up leads, strangely enough it was after I bolted on a black set of Speedlines from  @hugh that I confirmed it! 

These older GT3’s are great as they almost all have history unlike later models when a cup cars were in use. 

Windscreen donut king sticker getting made currently. 

58EEFF93-C2CE-4E9C-B541-14F7F0E1C7F9.jpeg

Been trying to tell you its the Maher car for a while... 😀 I confirmed that with the previous owner. Awesome looking car BTW... 

On 23/03/2023 at 19:44, TwoHeadsTas said:

James, that's fantastic.  First footage I've seen of my mate Simon driving his GT3 is the Carrera Cup.  Presume this is the year (2000) that he won?  

Yes it’s 2000, we had some good racing in Nations Cup & Porsche Cup back then & good people… it was always a pleasure working on new race cars until they got damaged or stuck in mud 

• 4 weeks later...

I will soon start restoring the Peter Fitzgerald 996.1 GT3 CS Nations Cup Car, the very first GT3 to come to Australia back in 1999. The aim is to have a usable road going racecar just as it was back in its racing day... it will be a great project, most of the updates will be on my instagram @porscheplatz

https://www.instagram.com/porscheplatz/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrQPPx4J7vM/

IMG-1541.jpg

• 1 month later...

Some pics of the ex Peter Fitzgerald Nations Cup 996.1 GT3 Clubsport that I'm currently restoring, the aim is to keep as much of the race history as possible but also to have the car road registered.

Some of the work to date, complete interior strip out, refit the airbag system, relocating  the Motec dash to centre console, refit all AC pipes & complete AC system, tiding up all wiring & the list goes on... 

More photos on my instagram @porscheplatz 

IMG-7346.jpg
IMG-7348.jpg
IMG-7440.jpg
IMG-7441.jpg
IMG-7449.jpg
IMG-7636.jpg
IMG-7637.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 08/06/2023 at 18:08, James P said:

Some pics of the ex Peter Fitzgerald Nations Cup 996.1 GT3 Clubsport that I'm currently restoring, the aim is to keep as much of the race history as possible but also to have the car road registered.

Some of the work to date, complete interior strip out, refit the airbag system, relocating  the Motec dash to centre console, refit all AC pipes & complete AC system, tiding up all wiring & the list goes on... 

More photos on my instagram @porscheplatz 

IMG-7346.jpg
IMG-7348.jpg
IMG-7440.jpg
IMG-7441.jpg
IMG-7449.jpg
IMG-7636.jpg
IMG-7637.jpg

The floor looks a bit orange, would you clean that up first before putting the interior back in?

Nations Cup 2000 and 2001 Results

Does anyone have a definitive list of the 2000 and 2001 results x round x car/driver x place?

The Falken GT3 was 2nd and 3rd outright in the Championship but I'd like to cross reference the car's results x round.

There also were races held at the Melb GP and Bathurst that I don't think counted to the NC Championship (?)

Wikipedia isn't user friendly as it list points per round.

Does anyone have the results that they can share please.

Cheers

Stewart

Adelaide