Beyond Nations Cup, Maher also ran his black GT3 at Targa Tasmania (either in 2001 and 2002, or in 2002 and 2003), and it was also leased by Crick Greg for Targa Tasmania 2004.

Crick's '04 campaign, with Mark Stacey calling notes, didn't make it beyond the Winnaleah Targa Stage on day 2... Greg retained the car after the crash, repaired and re-sold it a few years later, looking better than ever.

My Cup car shares the shed with my Subaru STi S202 that Tony Sullens used to win Targa that year. Ironically Algadri used to own the Subaru too!

Link to the event TV show here (16:45 for Crick's off) - 

39 minutes ago, stuart_benson said:

Beyond Nations Cup, Maher also ran his black GT3 at Targa Tasmania (either in 2001 and 2002, or in 2002 and 2003), and it was also leased by Crick Greg for Targa Tasmania 2004.

Crick's '04 campaign, with Mark Stacey calling notes, didn't make it beyond the Winnaleah Targa Stage on day 2... Greg retained the car after the crash, repaired and re-sold it a few years later, looking better than ever.

My Cup car shares the shed with my Subaru STi S202 that Tony Sullens used to win Targa that year. Ironically Algadri used to own the Subaru too!

Good one Stuart.  Also good to hear Bazza calling his notes for Jim - I was actually talking to Barry this afternoon, and the subject of Pace Notes came up, and he said that right at the start of their racing relationship, Jim said he wanted a plain english call that described the corner, rather than him having to interpret a number, and that they'd never share their notes with anyone else. 🙂 

Thanks Stuart. That's great. I couldn't see any issues at 16.45 It looked liked Cricks made it through that stage if I watch on. Any more info/background would be great

53 minutes ago, RVL said:

Thanks Stuart. That's great. I couldn't see any issues at 16.45 It looked liked Cricks made it through that stage if I watch on. Any more info/background would be great

Try 19min. 

On 07/07/2022 at 15:07, stuart_benson said:

That was a great watch.

thanks Stuart for posting the link.

Amazing how damaged some of the GT3's got in these events, most are repaired & back on the road as normal cars now... i have bought & sold a few undamaged GT3's over the years & know most of the histories... 

11 hours ago, James P said:

Amazing how damaged some of the GT3's got in these events, most are repaired & back on the road as normal cars now... i have bought & sold a few undamaged GT3's over the years & know most of the histories... 

Scary, I wouldn't want that black one or any other with similar history/damage (that's just me).

I don't care how good the repairer is, they are only original once.

Ouch! 

On 07/07/2022 at 17:07, stuart_benson said:

That's awesome! My 2 favourite cars. I also have an early WRX sharing the shed with the GT3. 

My nations cup car also won Rally Tasmania and came 2nd in Targa Tasmania in 2001 as seen in short here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CfjA7q3J6oQ/

It's pretty cool how versatile these things were...competing at race tracks one week and tarmac rallies the next.