Nations Cup GT3's

8 hours ago, Harold996tt said:

Mate clem seems to remember more stuff about the cars than even fitzy! Such a nice guy as yiu say with so much info and a mega smile. What a brilliant guy!!! 

Diverse too, plays a mean guitar.... Always some nice cars there too, can't go past that hot mean little black boxster huh :cool07::cool07:

• 2 weeks later...

2020 will be the 20th Anniversary of the 2000 Nations Cup. With some advance planning we should try to get as many of the original cars together for a track day some time during the year....would be the first time the cars have been on a track for 20 years & I'm sure would make a great story / photo opportunity for some Porsche magazines. While Harold has recently taken his car to Perth I'm sure the opportunity to get Peter Fitzgerald driving it would be worth a trip back to it's home turf....ha ha

Cheers,

Matt

1 hour ago, MR901 said:

2020 will be the 20th Anniversary of the 2000 Nations Cup. With some advance planning we should try to get as many of the original cars together for a track day some time during the year....would be the first time the cars have been on a track for 20 years & I'm sure would make a great story / photo opportunity for some Porsche magazines. While Harold has recently taken his car to Perth I'm sure the opportunity to get Peter Fitzgerald driving it would be worth a trip back to it's home turf....ha ha

Cheers,

Matt

I feel old.. if this happens ill try & get some of my mates & I along that worked on & built some of the cars back in the day  

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/09/2019 at 10:15, MR901 said:

Cheers,

Matt

Mate are you in contact with the owner of the Jim Richards car as well? 

Hi @jnr356 are you sure it’s Jim Richards car not Jim Mckeown. 

Jim Richards and Fitzgerald car went straight from the port direct to Fitzys workshop, didn’t go to the dealer.

Jim Mckeown car was delivered by PCM.

I would be interested to know as I have the Mckewon car.

Here it is on day one, after delivery at Jim’s home

DD3CBAE0-E775-44A9-8948-2F384103F1C9.jpeg

On 27/10/2019 at 16:39, Jason A said:

Hi @jnr356 are you sure it’s Jim Richards car not Jim Mckeown. 

Jim Richards and Fitzgerald car went straight from the port direct to Fitzys workshop, didn’t go to the dealer.

Jim Mckeown car was delivered by PCM.

I would be interested to know as I have the Mckewon car.

Here it is on day one, after delivery at Jim’s home

DD3CBAE0-E775-44A9-8948-2F384103F1C9.jpeg

Indeed Fitzy and Jim personally went to pick their cars from the port and got them registered immediately. Would love to see the paper work for the cars as they were done at exactly the same time though Fitzy claims his was processed first by Vic Roads :)

If anyone has the docs for Fitzys car would love to see it too

Great shot of Jim Mckeowns car thanks for sharing. 

22 hours ago, tonysticks said:

I am fortunate to own the Richard Nations cup car.  I would very interested to discuss more in relation to delivery docs.

Tony do you have any detailed shots of the car as it sits today. That's by far one of the if not the most significant GT3 in Australia being the two of the very first GT3s ever road registered on Australian soil and having won the Nations Cup two years in a row. 

19 minutes ago, Windsor289 said:

Thought you Nations Cup car owners may want to hook into this 911uk discussion: (the clip of Goodwood Festival of Speed Lowndes''s Green Eye Monster is worth the look)

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=136529&sid=3c35b9e0411c472605fddcd5742a0c96

That guy posted on rennlist today with the same question. We are lucky in Aus that Carrera Cup and Nations Cup were/still are front running series with very good exposure, thus making it relatively easy to track down a lot of history. In GB and Europe, it's just another race series and no where near as publicised to my understanding, aside from Supercup.

13 hours ago, Harold996tt said:

Indeed Fitzy and Jim personally went to pick their cars from the port and got them registered immediately. Would love to see the paper work for the cars as they were done at exactly the same time though Fitzy claims his was processed first by Vic Roads :)

If anyone has the docs for Fitzys car would love to see it too

Great shot of Jim Mckeowns car thanks for sharing. 

Tony do you have any detailed shots of the car as it sits today. That's by far one of the if not the most significant GT3 in Australia being the two of the very first GT3s ever road registered on Australian soil and having won the Nations Cup two years in a row. 

This is at Bathurst a couple of years ago.  I have actually got the original GT3 rims on it at the moment - i tracked them down from a previous owner - a few years ago.  I will post some more shots in the coming days.  It still has the Motec dash,.  I also have a set of lightweight carbon doors, Oz racing rims and Simmons.303299606_BathurstGT3.thumb.jpg.46fa26c54179acad3d17a670cc56ae8d.jpg

3 hours ago, tonysticks said:

This is at Bathurst a couple of years ago.  I have actually got the original GT3 rims on it at the moment - i tracked them down from a previous owner - a few years ago.  I will post some more shots in the coming days.  It still has the Motec dash,.  I also have a set of lightweight carbon doors, Oz racing rims and Simmons.303299606_BathurstGT3.thumb.jpg.46fa26c54179acad3d17a670cc56ae8d.jpg

Thanks so much Tony, what a car. Look forward to more pics of her. 

55 minutes ago, spiller said:

@MR901 thought you might like to see this old FS add for what I assume is your car in a 2005 issue of Motorsport News magazine.

MN304_Mar9_to_Mar22_2005_4.jpg

@mr901 now that's bloody cool mate. So funny how back in the day it was just another race car, with not so much a sa mention about its TNT race days other than to say it is ex TNT.... 

26 minutes ago, spiller said:

Great pics James. I didn’t realise there were so many of those early 996 cup cars in Aus? Where did they all go? Was ‘02 the first year of the face lift front?

Yes i think the facelift started in 2002 for the cup cars but some of the cup's were older with 02 upgrades 

The good ones ended up in Aust Carrera cup in 2003 with 03 upgrades, you wont see many cup's in the next lot of photos i upload from 2003.

2003 Nations Cup photos (most of the cup cars from 2002 went to Carrera Cup in 2003)

1b-start5-m.jpg
1c-porsche-m.jpg
1d-cummins-m.jpg
1d-porsche-m.jpg
1d-wagg-m.jpg
2c-natcup3-m.jpg
2c-natcup9-m.jpg
2d-natcup5-m.jpg
2d-natcup7-m.jpg
3c-natcup5-m.jpg
3c-natcup6-m.jpg
4b-nat3-m.jpg
4b-nat5-m.jpg
4c-nat4-m.jpg
4c-nat11-m.jpg
5b-natcup3-m.jpg
5c-natcup11-m.jpg
5c-natcup12-m.jpg
5c-natcup13-m.jpg
6a-nations2-m.jpg
6b-natcup2-m.jpg
6b-natcup3-m.jpg
6b-natcup7-m.jpg
7a-natcup1-m.jpg
7a-natcup4-m.jpg
7b-natcup6-m.jpg
7b-natcup7-m.jpg
7b-natcup12-m.jpg
8a-natcup6-m.jpg
8c-natcup16-m.jpg
8c-natcup17-m.jpg
8c-natcup20-m.jpg
8c-natcup21-m.jpg
nc1-2c-agp-m.jpg
nc1-2f-agp-m.jpg

Glad to see these being used as intended. I wonder how my Gen 1 cars had the stickers peeled off and were put back on the road.

Late 2002 when the factory cup cars arrived, rendered a lot of cars uncompetitive.

Mat Coleman who won the Porsche Cup in 02 in my car, left it in the garage in 03 and had swapped to a factory cup car to stay in the game.  The factory cups where so much superior to the modified road cars in Porsche Cup

Was Simon Froude driving in any of these years?  If so, what car?

Simon is organising an informal GT3 20th Anniversary drive this Sunday, and I've organised some trade plates for "testing" purposes 🙂  Probably helps having my mechanic in the passenger's seat if I get pulled over......

11 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Was Simon Froude driving in any of these years?  If so, what car?

Simon is organising an informal GT3 20th Anniversary drive this Sunday, and I've organised some trade plates for "testing" purposes 🙂  Probably helps having my mechanic in the passenger's seat if I get pulled over......

I'm sure Froude only competed in Porsche Cup first in a 993RSCS then a 996.1 GT3, not in Nations Cup