Nations Cup GT3's

I have a mate who just put a CAE in his 993 GT2.  I would say CAE is a tighter shift but does take a bit of getting used to over the Numeric unit.

Both are a dramatic improvement over stock

I have both std and factory short shifts in 996 cars - if I had to choose one it would be CAE for a track focused or spirited drive car. Downside on CAE is its a bit in your face by comparison.

All the factory stuff is clunky, particularly when car is cold.

11 hours ago, spiller said:

I’m surprised shifter upgrades aren’t discussed more often on these cars. Factory shifter and cables are awful. I feel like I’m going to break the shifter every time I change gears. Plastic fantastic.

I cannot speak highly enough of my Numeric short shifter.

It's all metal and beautifully engineered, when compared to oem 996 and 997 shifters having some plastic components, I don't understand why anyone gets oem over Numeric.

I found on the track the shifts, with standard shifter, were a bit long relative to standard clutch and found I was having to hold clutch on floor for a fraction longer to avoid hitting synchro particularly on longer shifts such as 2-3.

It has three positions you can set shifter in so you get to decide how 'short' you want your short shifter and I love the fact that you fit it under the standard centre console and therefore it's low key and subtle.

From my experience I would not hesitate to do it again if I got another 996 or 986.

1 hour ago, Carrera28 said:

I cannot speak highly enough of my Numeric short shifter.

It's all metal and beautifully engineered, when compared to oem 996 and 997 shifters having some plastic components, I don't understand why anyone gets oem over Numeric.

I found on the track the shifts, with standard shifter, were a bit long relative to standard clutch and found I was having to hold clutch on floor for a fraction longer to avoid hitting synchro particularly on longer shifts such as 2-3.

It has three positions you can set shifter in so you get to decide how 'short' you want your short shifter and I love the fact that you fit it under the standard centre console and therefore it's low key and subtle.

From my experience I would not hesitate to do it again if I got another 996 or 986.

I've not tried a numeric shifter but I'm a big fan of an OEM shifter with the function first upgraded components fitted, coupled with cup car cables. 

I've also got a CAE shifter.....I love it & would go out of my way to buy another if I changed cars....

image.png.a199f804297bd9308ffe038463dec31d.png

On 16/03/2021 at 16:07, Jason A said:

I thinks it’s Numeric I have the CAE unit in another car of mine 

With a lengthened shift rod on the numeric unit in my GT3

91898801-0DC1-484D-A4A4-C014DAFDFE17.jpeg

Wow !!! That's looks sensational....I'm jealous.....

8 minutes ago, Jason A said:

We are officially registered, first drink on 98 - and a quick drive before lockdown 

Turns out was almost 4 years from the day I bought it. The most difficult part was collecting all the correct parts for the car

B07C73A4-1D96-4A7D-9C10-D2E18A5C7CCE.jpeg

Looks fantastic Jason, great job.  Just make sure you stick to either Caltex/Ampol or BP, I wouldn't trust any of the others.....

16 hours ago, Jason A said:

We are officially registered, first drink on 98 - and a quick drive before lockdown 

Turns out was almost 4 years from the day I bought it. The most difficult part was collecting all the correct parts for the car

B07C73A4-1D96-4A7D-9C10-D2E18A5C7CCE.jpeg

Well done Jason ~ looks fantastic 

Thanks for your help and advice along the way ... I’m getting there with mine in good time 

Wishing you many miles of crackerjack GT3 motoring 

• 2 weeks later...

So here is the question -

do put my car back to as raced livery - see picture. The car won the Porsche Cup in 2002 in this livery. I have the black Speedlines, was only going to put Century, Bon Jane and maybe Dunlop - pass on all the small sponsors

or do I leave it stock, a sleeper car

What does everyone think

D3D11D85-C54B-4B6A-A69C-16747E0FDBED.jpeg

02B1CA7C-1C1A-410C-8303-FD15FBBF3865.jpeg