[VIC] PFA HH 2018.2 social hillclimb

2 hours ago, Ozvino said:

Thanks guys for all of your efforts and hard work organising the day and making things run safe and smooth

Cheers to everyone for being patient and respectful to each other, pretty rare you get together so many like minded enthusiasts with fast cars who have that much respect for each other with zero incidents or dickhead moments 

Thanks Kerry, Hugh, mike and all the crew that helped host this event. Aside from the  track side of things it has cemented to me the quality and organisation of these PFA events and the quality of the people that attend.

Always a laid back approach yet well organised. No hero’s, no red mist, no ego’s or chequebook enthusiasts. I for one think that the PFA guys are a special lot as you don’t get all those elements in a lot of clubs. Genuine people with a genuine passion for all models and types of P cars keep it up everyone you have something special.

Had a great day, thanks to all that I had a ride with in the afternoon.

cheers

JB

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was a little hesitant in signing up as I was a little worried about the technical aspect of the track.

Well that was right out of the window after a couple of laps and very thorough briefings from Hugh and Mark.

Had an absolutely sensational day and didn't leave until around 4. 

Well done to the PFA crew who arranged an incredibly relaxed and fluent event, to all those that participated and those who came for the drive down to show some support.

Let's bring on the next one!

It's so great to be hearing the positive feedback and I'm thrilled that everyone got to enjoy themselves (+ their cars) in such good company - that's the aim of the game! Having said that, we are always learning so we hope to be able to provide better events of this nature as time goes on, however it is the members that really make these events so special. I feel very grateful to be a part of such a great (+ active!) Porsche community, the "fun" and "social" aspects of the day were upheld by everyone and that's a true testament to the attitudes we all share. Bathurst who? :lol:

Again I want to thank Fred and the crew at SGCC for letting us play for the day and being so accommodating. 

If anyone hasn't jumped onto Motor Projects FB or insta pages please do so. The effort these guys have put in leading up to the event has been huge, I cant wait to see the results of their work and have a lot of respect for their commitment to the task - thanks again guys! 

I did take Jules for a hot lap before the day was out for his own "research" and ensured he came away smelling strongly of petrol as we all should after a good Sunday's drive. 

Peace! 

30 minutes ago, TrevMcRev said:

Thanks PFA for having me!

Fun day had even driving the school bus around. 

The Boxrod was in pieces unfortunately...one I'll get it on that track!

Thanks also to @Troubleshooter for throwing me the keys to his Boxster S for a lap! 

That's the first time I've ever seen an SUV driven energetically on a Hill Climb track - great value. I'm sure wifey was glad to see the car arrive home in tact! :lol:

1 hour ago, hugh said:

That's the first time I've ever seen an SUV driven energetically on a Hill Climb track - great value. I'm sure wifey was glad to see the car arrive home in tact! :lol:

Given she didn't know...I"M glad it arrived home in tact!

4 minutes ago, TrevMcRev said:

Given she didn't know...I"M glad it arrived home in tact!

The perfect crime, only tell tale sign maybe some squeaky brakes..........................:ph34r::lol:

12 hours ago, TrevMcRev said:

Thanks PFA for having me!

Fun day had even driving the school bus around. 

The Boxrod was in pieces unfortunately...one I'll get it on that track!

Thanks also to @Troubleshooter for throwing me the keys to his Boxster S for a lap! 

Had to spark up your day, couldn't have you going to sleep behind the wheel in the sure footed tipper family wagon when there's a Coxster looking for a smacking …. those shockers and springs, give me a yell as soon as you know Trev coz I'm leaving for Qld Monday for 3 weeks:Beer:

On 10/10/2018 at 12:01 AM, Troubleshooter said:

Had to spark up your day, couldn't have you going to sleep behind the wheel in the sure footed tipper family wagon when there's a Coxster looking for a smacking …. those shockers and springs, give me a yell as soon as you know Trev coz I'm leaving for Qld Monday for 3 weeks:Beer:

Suspension is all sorted, thanks! I now have custom built adjustable Koni inserts in modified KW housings! Better than they were and now fully serviceable locally. 

8 hours ago, TrevMcRev said:

Suspension is all sorted, thanks! I now have custom built adjustable Koni inserts in modified KW housings! Better than they were and now fully serviceable locally. 

Glad it worked out for ya!!

• 3 months later...

Archived