[VIC] PFA HH 2018.2 social hillclimb

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, MOTOR PROJECT Julian Gries said:

The team at MOTOR PROJECT is super charged for this event and flowing with ideas to create the next stunning doco of. PFA HAUNTED HILLS!!!

Welcome aboard! :)

Ok, so we are just over a month out from this event, minimum numbers for the day was made pretty quickly (great effort from those who jumped in early). There are still some remaining spots before we hit our maximum (keeping it still overall low numbers for the day, plenty of runs) so if your thinking about it or are yet to sign up it would be advisable to jump on it. 

No previous track experience required. Low speed, single car on track at a time and short runs means its not hard on you or your car.

If you've never been its well worth a look...................... 

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question regarding helmets that I'm hoping someone can help clarify. The standards are a bit of a minefield to the uninitiated!

I see from the CAMS manual there are 4 classes A,B,C,D, which have differing requirements for helmets. I'm wondering which class this track day will fall into.

I was planning to use a motorcycle helmet which is ECE22.05 standard approved. From what i can see in the CAMS manual, this standard appears to be acceptable for all classes except class A.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct and if this will be an acceptable helmet for this event?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Nick. As far as I'm concerned as long as you have a helmet on, I'm not too concerned with which one. This is not a high speed course, in fact you'll be luck to get out of 2nd gear, so your motorbike helmet should be fine. I will however defer to our Clark Of Course (Mark - 9fan) to confirm this. K  @9fan

On 9/18/2018 at 10:56 AM, Nick S said:

I have a question regarding helmets that I'm hoping someone can help clarify. The standards are a bit of a minefield to the uninitiated!

I see from the CAMS manual there are 4 classes A,B,C,D, which have differing requirements for helmets. I'm wondering which class this track day will fall into.

I was planning to use a motorcycle helmet which is ECE22.05 standard approved. From what i can see in the CAMS manual, this standard appears to be acceptable for all classes except class A.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct and if this will be an acceptable helmet for this event?

Thanks in advance.

This event is Private Practise ( It is NOT a CAMS event) so the answer is YES. I am not a CAMS Official - Clark Of Course or Scrutineer (just to be clear) !

To those considering a Helmet purchase my recommendation is a minimum SNELL 2015 with HANS posts approx $449 which can be used with HANS III (neck support - needs 4/6 point harness) approx $499 - DYOR ! These would cover most Motor Sport events if you get the bug and can be readily on-sold.

Cheers, Mark.

Morning all,

I'm counting down the days to this weekend, in anticipation for some track fun ?

I was wondering if there were any more details about the weekend, e.g. booking numbers for accommodation, check in times, schedule for Sunday etc.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

On 9/18/2018 at 10:56 AM, Nick S said:

Thanks in advance.

A mate has this issue on saturday. Your helmet is a Class B helmet. This is OK for all speed events except international events.

12 hours ago, 911B said:

same here! im driving down Sat arvo, is anyone coming from the essendon area and wanna meet up for the drive?

Yep, Sat arvo works for me. I think there may be a group leaving from Eastern subs in the avo. Maybe we can all meet. Thoughts gents?

2 hours ago, Mike-S said:

Driving over on Sunday morning, so with daylight savings kicking in it would be good to know what time I need to be there for....

Your wish is my command..................The plan is as follows;

7:00 gates open

7:30 drivers sign on and scrutineering opens

8:30 Compulsory drivers briefing - Anyone planning to drive on the day has to attend. 

9:00 scheduled start of course layout #1 x 3 runs

10:30 scheduled start of course layout #2 x 3 runs

12:00 break for lunch

13:00 scheduled start of course layout #3

14:30 option to revise layout if elected by group.

16:00 track closed.

Note: The time allocations for the runs and track layout is totally flexible, pending on how everyone feels we can adjust to suit. I would suspect we will manage more than 3 x runs on each all things going well. 

29 minutes ago, poli84 said:

Thanks Hugh. 

Will there be food for purchase or best to bring food and drinks for the day? 

There is a canteen at the venue, they will have coffee, drinks, sandwiches etc. available. I'll most likely bring my own fruit and snacks but will be buying lunch there. 

2 hours ago, Nick S said:

Hi Hugh,

For those staying overnight on the Saturday, is there a booking number to quote? and is there a check-in opening time?

Thanks

An email will be going out later today to confirm for anyone staying overnight for check in, dinner arrangements etc. 

Archived