[VIC] PFA HH 2018.2 social hillclimb

Hey guys. Unfortunately I can’t get down there in time to participate as I’ll be getting home from holidays at 2am Sunday morning. Hoping to come down and say hi later in the day but if I don’t make it, have an awesome day. It’s a crazy little track that will put a big grin on your face.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chicken Parma’s all consumed and everyone tucked up in bed, cos none of us can work out what daylight savings means and what time we’re getting up.... set the alarm and hope for the best! ???‍♂️?‍♂️

Well done to the organizers. We dropped in for a look and lunch. Everyone was having a fantastic time and it’s a great place. Couldn’t get a better day weather wise.

nice to catch up with everyone and hope you got home safely.

Great day thanks Kerry, Hugh and Mark for organising and the effort and instruction. Nice to meet a few new friends:Beer:. The weather Gods did their bit, the Coxster performed well on it's first shakeout, and the chicken parmas are huge at the Moe RSL! Just a few photos and I'll leave the proper ones to the professionals...

bVbEXsM.jpg

8c3WBx2.jpg

FUayAgn.jpg

FLaiROG.jpg

azhzINS.jpg

Well I made it down there after not much sleep and was glad I did. What a cracking day! I spent too much time yacking so didn't take many photos so sorry to those of you I missed. Well done guys on another great event!

44432080384_21d9d8b477_c.jpgIMG_8852 by RR Films, on Flickr

30215500767_5808ee7534_c.jpgIMG_8853 by RR Films, on Flickr

44432077454_63e1fae136_c.jpgIMG_8854 by RR Films, on Flickr

30215497587_234a014836_c.jpgIMG_8856 by RR Films, on Flickr

30215493167_c8545f35ca_c.jpgIMG_8857 by RR Films, on Flickr

45104901862_720992fb21_c.jpgIMG_8858 by RR Films, on Flickr

45104900562_80ec233e67_c.jpgIMG_8859 by RR Films, on Flickr

44242112635_1b55151985_c.jpgIMG_8860 by RR Films, on Flickr

44242110325_4f38e69c0e_c.jpgIMG_8861 by RR Films, on Flickr

44242108795_6700f23d74_c.jpgIMG_8862 by RR Films, on Flickr

44242107405_c216c45eb3_c.jpgIMG_8863 by RR Films, on Flickr

44432051804_73fb5b63a6_c.jpgIMG_8864 by RR Films, on Flickr

44432049034_20fe1a722f_c.jpgIMG_8865 by RR Films, on Flickr

44432046394_509e81cc01_c.jpgIMG_8866 by RR Films, on Flickr

44432044584_82d5f6ca9b_c.jpgIMG_8867 by RR Films, on Flickr

44432037194_cb1fc27e75_c.jpgIMG_8868 by RR Films, on Flickr

44432035054_d1ce7c24d9_c.jpgIMG_8869 by RR Films, on Flickr

Amazing day guys . Thanks so much to everyone at PFA & those behind the scenes that put the day together . Fantastic facility and great members really made this my favourite event I have done with the car.  Cant wait for the next one !

Thanks to all involved who put the day on!

Great day weather wise, fabulous people and always good to put some faces to names. I'm very grateful that the car stopped before hitting the wall = yep, those skid marks after the second turn were mine (don't worry there were other marks elsewhere?)

Great photos as always @Simonk and a BIG shout out to @Pork Chops & @9fan for taking me on a hot lap and showing me how to drive a P car 'properly' ?

Awesome day at PFA HH2 on the hill yesterday! ?️

Have to say it was great to get the old helmet back on after quite a few years - was it always that tight?! ? Great to give IGY a bloody good jab in the ribs around that fabulously technical track (nice souvenir shot above cheers @Troubleshooter). Whoever designed that course really did a fantastic job - every corner/camber/entry/exit different; every blind crest a massive breath held; every return to the carpark such a gratifying release/relief; and then a buzzing anticipation for the next run! 

Big thanks to @hugh for organising the vast majority of this day enabling me to retire the clipboard and get back amongst the fun. Thanks to H for also not squishing that poor bunny who just wanted to stake his claim to the post "OH SHIT" corner! ???

Thanks to @9fan for his usual "clark of course" stewardship and intimate knowledge of the track, ? mate! And thanks to @Mike737 for his scrutineering! ?

Cheers to @MOTOR PROJECT Julian Gries Jules, Joe, Joe and Simon for a serious amount of filming work done at all hours of the day/night - really can't wait to be involved in getting that video up and out on youtube for all to see. Some of the glimpses I caught on the back of cameras really looked awesome!

Big thanks also to Gippsland Car Club - Helen and her staff in the canteen, and Fred behind the timing-room controls, for their flexible and generous attitudes - it made the few hiccups we had disappear like the fog that swept through at 8am! Cheers also to Bryce the Ambo who thankfully none of us needed to see! ?

I've got a request in for another date in March or April so will keep everyone updated through this thread, and a new poster on the homepage as well when confirmed.

And last but not least, thanks to all those that attended as drivers, support crew, or simply onlookers (cheers for the hugs Toby!). As is the growing tradition of these social days, I don't think a more chilled or relaxing motorsport event can be found anywhere! ??️?

Kerry

Thanks for a great day out PFA, special thanks to Kerry, Hugh, Mark and Mike for their efforts in putting it together and running the day (thanks for the driver instruction @9fan).

What a fantastic course, I've never driven anything with so much undulation and blind crests. An excellent day with great people and beautiful cars, nice to meet some new faces. 

Of course, always relieved to get home with driver and car in one piece. Looking forward to the next one.

Thanks for the photos @Simonk

15 hours ago, Nick S said:

Thanks to Mark, Hugh and Kerry (aka Candle) for organising today.

Good to catch up with great people and drive a fun track.

Zara and I had a blast.

Can't wait for the next one.

bGoasyP.jpg

Nice to catch up with you again Nick !

I must say Zara was a very cool lady sitting in for a hot lap, very relaxed and lovely Smile at the finish !

32 minutes ago, 9fan said:

Nice to catch up with you again Nick !

I must say Zara was a very cool lady sitting in for a hot lap, very relaxed and lovely Smile at the finish !

Thanks Mark, good to see you again too.

Zara had a blast on the lap with you, it's just a pity that she now knows how slow my laps are!!!

15 hours ago, Nick S said:

Thanks to Mark, Hugh and Kerry (aka Candle) for organising today.

Good to catch up with great people and drive a fun track.

Zara and I had a blast.

Can't wait for the next one.

bGoasyP.jpg

Nick, I wasn't there but you win best T Shirt award for the day. Cru Jones would be proud!

What a day.  What a track/course.

The Bryant Park Hillclimb track is such a joy to drive.  Blind corners, off camber corners, crests and dips with changes to elevation then can never be truly communicated unless you are in the seat.  It is full on with no time to rest.  

Thanks Kerry for putting on the event.  Thanks also to Mark, Hugh and Mike.

MuFagbW.jpg

do4O9T2.jpg

QRaP1RV.jpg

SbsOIlB.jpg

4PWbuym.jpg

g7t6dDo.jpg

EXeU2W5.jpg

i8VI8rq.jpg

ziELeIO.jpg

nCHvbs2.jpg

8uPYuqF.jpg

F6BVwBD.jpg

JeGi0H7.jpg

EqFOHFI.jpg

xM1Zt8g.jpg

HgQPP0O.jpg

wNQ8iOE.jpg

ExHbb5H.jpg

7bXGCKn.jpg

3 hours ago, Kerry said:

Awesome day at PFA HH2 on the hill yesterday! ?️

Have to say it was great to get the old helmet back on after quite a few years - was it always that tight?! ? Great to give IGY a bloody good jab in the ribs around that fabulously technical track (nice souvenir shot above cheers @Troubleshooter). Whoever designed that course really did a fantastic job - every corner/camber/entry/exit different; every blind crest a massive breath held; every return to the carpark such a gratifying release/relief; and then a buzzing anticipation for the next run! 

Big thanks to @hugh for organising the vast majority of this day enabling me to retire the clipboard and get back amongst the fun. Thanks to H for also not squishing that poor bunny who just wanted to stake his claim to the post "OH SHIT" corner! ???

Thanks to @9fan for his usual "clark of course" stewardship and intimate knowledge of the track, ? mate! And thanks to @Mike737 for his scrutineering! ?

Cheers to @MOTOR PROJECT Julian Gries Jules, Joe, Joe and Simon for a serious amount of filming work done at all hours of the day/night - really can't wait to be involved in getting that video up and out on youtube for all to see. Some of the glimpses I caught on the back of cameras really looked awesome!

Big thanks also to Gippsland Car Club - Helen and her staff in the canteen, and Fred behind the timing-room controls, for their flexible and generous attitudes - it made the few hiccups we had disappear like the fog that swept through at 8am! Cheers also to Bryce the Ambo who thankfully none of us needed to see! ?

I've got a request in for another date in March or April so will keep everyone updated through this thread, and a new poster on the homepage as well when confirmed.

And last but not least, thanks to all those that attended as drivers, support crew, or simply onlookers (cheers for the hugs Toby!). As is the growing tradition of these social days, I don't think a more chilled or relaxing motorsport event can be found anywhere! ??️?

Kerry

Thanks guys for all of your efforts and hard work organising the day and making things run safe and smooth

Cheers to everyone for being patient and respectful to each other, pretty rare you get together so many like minded enthusiasts with fast cars who have that much respect for each other with zero incidents or dickhead moments 

Archived