Sign in to follow this  
Honest Ron

Full concourse

When entering the full concourse for your Porsche does the removal of the spray on corrosion gunk from the underside of your car go against the originally of the car. The spray on gunk is applied by the factory. 

Sure it looks better when looking under the car but that is not how it left the factory.

I always thought that for the full concourse the car had to be as original as possible.

Cheers

Honest Ron.

sorry a little off topic but how did you get that cosmoline crap off my 997 is covered in it ,,,and I hate the crap ...

1 hour ago, Honest Ron said:

When entering the full concourse for your Porsche does the removal of the spray on corrosion gunk from the underside of your car go against the originally of the car. The spray on gunk is applied by the factory. 

Sure it looks better when looking under the car but that is not how it left the factory.

I always thought that for the full concourse the car had to be as original as possible.

Cheers

Honest Ron.

if its a true concourse show, higher points would be awarded for cosmoline being in tact

15 hours ago, Honest Ron said:

yep, we're talking OCD levels of originality.

Having done a few in my Marc you need to also look at any accessories you may have in the car all the way down to items that may have been replaced ie windscreen etc that don’t have manufacturer markings. Even had one judge checking under floor Mats for manufacturer tags etc especially if they are deciding a class win between 2 cars.

Even witnessed a judge discussion on the rubber on bumpers if it was shiny or Matt ex factory.

Not so much for show and shine not such a big thing but if ur going for class or overall win like JV says, it’s ocd on steroids territory.