911SC Space Saver Wheel Nut “thingy”

Doish13

Hi all,

as as I had great success in the bypass recently here hope someone can help.

I had my car in for a major service as a treat (usually do myself) a week ago and came back, after a fantastic job they did, with the bolt / nut/ thing missing so the space saver / spare wheel is not secured.

i know it was there as saw it night before getting things out of the car for the service and as well fellow PFA members have seen it there.

Regardless have no way of proving it was there which is a disappointing way to end the experience with them (they were just fantastic to deal with, did a good job and very helpful - this situation just annoys the crap out of me).

Can someone help advising what this part is called as having trouble locating a spare. Also does anyone have one?

So annoyed as bringing the car back to original and this was from factory.

Any help naming what this is called will be appreciated.

13 hours ago, tazzieman said:

Why did they even touch the spare wheel?

Good question!!!!!

Probably a good idea to have a good search in that space, in case the fixture is in a hidden corner somewhere. BUT there was/is a lot of petty thievery in workshops, so I would unroll your toolkit to check if all your tools are still there.

We had a guy in our moped group who used to steal anything that was better than what he had, when he worked on other people's bikes. Everybody knew this (& he knew that everybody knew), but he couldnt help himself. Its a moral failing/sickness, apart from that failing he was an OK guy who didn't need to steal.

We found out later that he had been kicked out of both the MG & Morris Minor clubs for the same thing.

Archived