Car industry hiding faults

tazzieman

Many of us know this has gone on since the dawn of time , but the media are picking up on it.

Much as the brands like to polish the turd of their "lemons" (and I admit the definition is rubbery) the issues won't go away with the social and other media we have nowadays. People know their rights. Or should.

Reference link here - and I'm sure many can chime in with their past and current woes. The actual cost of having faults fixed is in time/inconvenience and often worry (safety issue) terms much higher than the actual cost of fixing a known fault.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/motoring-news/secret-documents-reveal-true-extent-of-mechanical-faults-with-some-of-australias-topselling-utes/news-story/dd102c2efe2967596c48954b3b51e234

"As News Corp’s motoring feature story reveals this week, there are widespread faults with most of Australia’s top-selling brands.

However the information is kept secret and next to impossible for potential buyers to discover without a friend in the trade.The car industry collects data on quality, reliability and faults to compare with rivals — but that information is not shared with the public, unlike in the US.Most brands won’t release their internal quality figures, citing confidentiality agreements.Two brands in the Top 10 said they are open to the idea of opening their books — but will only share the comparative quality data if other manufacturers do so."

They're just as bad as private sellers flogging a car mate. Why mention a fault if it's not obvious to the buyer? As you say, they've been doing it for years and will continue to do so to make a profit at the expense of a customer's happiness 

29 minutes ago, LeeM said:

They're just as bad as private sellers flogging a car mate. Why mention a fault if it's not obvious to the buyer? As you say, they've been doing it for years and will continue to do so to make a profit at the expense of a customer's happiness 

I think the Takata airbag issue , Dieselgate and the Ford ignition switch fail that's caused 120 deaths will have the industry on alert.
If not , they will just have pitbulls like you & me to try and shoo away. Best of luck I say, big dogs get nervous around little dogs ;<)

Archived