First look at the new Singer. Holy crap!

MFX

The Singers are the highest level of automotive art and I am blown away by the detail, but is anyone really going to take it to the track and risk stone chips, off track excursion, brushing the wall or someone elses mistake?  Surely that is the point of 500 Williams horsepower and worlds best conventional suspension. 

Not trying to poo poo the cars - they are so perfect and what most of us air guys are striving for in our own way but, it's just, what do you do with it?

AU $2.4 million + tax.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, 9elf said:

The Singers are the highest level of automotive art and I am blown away by the detail, but is anyone really going to take it to the track and risk stone chips, off track excursion, brushing the wall or someone elses mistake?  Surely that is the point of 500 Williams horsepower and worlds best conventional suspension. 

Not trying to poo poo the cars - they are so perfect and what most of us air guys are striving for in our own way but, it's just, what do you do with it?

AU $2.4 million + tax.

Now you need to look at it in the same league as a 918. Some will never drive them, but a lot will be used on every now and then, but the buyer of these would have a lot of cars to choose from ;) 

7 minutes ago, MFX said:

Now you need to look at it in the same league as a 918. Some will never drive them, but a lot will be used on every now and then, but the buyer of these would have a lot of cars to choose from ;) 

A work colleague had a rare Ferrari which he sold to a Japanese billionaire.....the car now hangs on the wall in his foyer never to be driven again.  Is this the fait of all these high end cars. Trophies ?

Another silly question, if someone in Australia had one of these cars, does it come back as a 964 with all it's rego requirements or does it get reborn with a new VIN ? If it comes back as a 964 then does it come with engineering papers to cover all the modifications ?

45 minutes ago, MFX said:

I think the sort of people lucky enough to afford one on these will most likely already have a stable of high end exotics eg 918,,, P1 etc....1.8 mil for a one of  custom car that is the envy of every Porsche lover is really nothing for those who can afford it ............I see these guys on the rennlist with 50K wrist watch s ,,,helicopters ,,,  private jets and boats worth $40 mill that require a crew to sail them ,,,just another toy for those rich enough ...and good on Singer for cracking into that market smart guys indeed  ,,,,,I certainly wish like most of here that I could be one of those people with the million dollar toys  

6 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

A work colleague had a rare Ferrari which he sold to a Japanese billionaire.....the car now hangs on the wall in his foyer never to be driven again.  Is this the fait of all these high end cars. Trophies ?

Another silly question, if someone in Australia had one of these cars, does it come back as a 964 with all it's rego requirements or does it get reborn with a new VIN ? If it comes back as a 964 then does it come with engineering papers to cover all the modifications ?

apparently the rumor is some one in Sydney is getting one made ,,,no doubt this info will come to light once the car arrives ..................I would say the Tax man will put his hand out for a big cut .....considering the car was worth $150 k when it left and is know some where in the $750 K range you can bet those grubs will want some sort of capital gain on it ...???

6 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

A trophy like that in an earthquake/tsunami zone.

Oh well, preserve em. One day they'll only be in museums with chuckles of how neanderthal were they. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, OZ930 said:

Singer is always the first to say that they are not building new cars. At the end of the day, they are still 964's with 964 VINs. 

1 hour ago, Raven said:

Apparently the rumor is some one in Sydney is getting one made ,,,no doubt this info will come to light once the car arrives ..................I would say the Tax man will put his hand out for a big cut .....considering the car was worth $150 k when it left and is know some where in the $750 K range you can bet those grubs will want some sort of capital gain on it ...???

Really, you are sending a 964 overseas just to get some work done and then bringing the same car back. Not sure what the tax implications are, but it would be interesting to see.

5 hours ago, 9elf said:

AU $2.4 million + tax.

One of the singers at luftdekult was well driven and lived in.  I have also seen one filthy driving on the road in C alifornia.  Not all would be garage art, even in this new ore expensive version.  Some people can and do use million dollar plus toys.  Just look at yachts - cost millions and spend most time in the weather at the marina.

the tax situation in Australia is just an embarrassment and why we can't have nice things.

3 hours ago, MFX said:

Singer is always the first to say that they are not building new cars. At the end of the day, they are still 964's with 964 VINs. 

Really, you are sending a 964 overseas just to get some work done and then bringing the same car back. Not sure what the tax implications are, but it would be interesting to see.

I thought there was a proposal for special treatment of cars sent OS for refurb and sent back again.  Don't think it became law like all the other thought bubbles.

I watched a show on wealthy blokes buying pleasure yachts the other day. One bloke had one that cost $40millionUS and uses it for 6-9 weeks per year (with a full time crew receiving  £30-45k per year each), but someone topped him with a boat that was a touch longer. Blokey was having none of that, and has put his up for sale and has commissioned another boat to be longer again at a cost of $80million. Asked why he is doing it, the simple answer was 'Because I can' 

Kinda goes with this new Singer or any other mega dollar car. Why? Because they can. Pretty sure if any of us were multi billionaires we'd already have placed an order....well I would have anyway 

5 hours ago, MFX said:

No I am not sending a car over .........I just heard through some Porsche club members that do some super sprinting  with me ,,,,that some one in Sydney had sent a car to Singer  ....?

Off  topic to Jeff I was in my local Supercheap today and they were playing your You Tube channel 911 and 240 Z builds on the Big screen in store ,,,,was kinda cool ..:cool07:

4 hours ago, Raven said:

No I am not sending a car over .........I just heard through some Porsche club members that do some super sprinting  with me ,,,,that some one in Sydney had sent a car to Singer  ....?

Off  topic to Jeff I was in my local Supercheap today and they were playing your You Tube channel 911 and 240 Z builds on the Big screen in store ,,,,was kinda cool ..:cool07:

Haha, I think you read the 'Really' in my previous comment in a different context to what I was going for.

(and Supercheap have really been great to me ;) ).

10 hours ago, MFX said:

Haha, I think you read the 'Really' in my previous comment in a different context to what I was going for.

Thats great then makes all the effort and hard work that goes into the video channel worth while ......:)

10 hours ago, MFX said:

You might find yourself doing Supercheap ads on the telly.......with Mrs Jeff of course.

15 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

You might find yourself doing Supercheap ads on the telly.......with Mrs Jeff of course.

We have done a bunch of videos for them now, which they use on their website, and we are doing a bunch now teaching Mrs Jeff how to weld for Bossweld, which are on Bunnings website. My hobby is very slowly turning into a really badly paid job ;)  (one day I hope it could work up to minimum wage levels :D).

On 7/15/2018 at 7:07 AM, brian in buddina said:

if you put the engine in the middle you would lose the glove box & cup holder, making the car almost unusable.

There is no glove box or cup holders.

It does have manual window winders though.

Bit surprised that there are Porsche decals on this car and not Singer.  The only place I can see Singer is on the speedo.

Has there been a licensing issue?  I think RUF had to get Porsche licensing to produce their cars.

On 7/14/2018 at 11:22 AM, MFX said:

I am not a fan of the Autohaus style bolt on guards (Group 4 is it?), but I think those work.

RWB mate, Nakai-San must have helped them with that;)

Probably would end up like this if you took it to the track.

Image result for rauh welt begriff

23 hours ago, Raven said:

apparently the rumor is some one in Sydney is getting one made ,,,no doubt this info will come to light once the car arrives ..................I would say the Tax man will put his hand out for a big cut .....considering the car was worth $150 k when it left and is know some where in the $750 K range you can bet those grubs will want some sort of capital gain on it ...???

I got told by someone with firsthand info that the car had already been sent and there are other cars on standby to go over as well.

2 hours ago, TINGY944 said:

RWB mate, Nakai-San must have helped them with that;)

Probably would end up like this if you took it to the track.

Image result for rauh welt begriff

I got told by someone with firsthand info that the car had already been sent and there are other cars on standby to go over as well.

Would be interesting to now who the owner is but realistically it could be any number of very wealthy collectors   ,,,,must be someone who values their privacy and likes to keep a low profile ,,,,I would have expected Australia,s first singer to be in all the magazines and have image on the NSW Porsche club site etc ,,,,it is a big deal to 911 lovers ...wonder if the Cars Name is Sydney ...

7 hours ago, OZ930 said:

Bit surprised that there are Porsche decals on this car and not Singer.  The only place I can see Singer is on the speedo.

Has there been a licensing issue?  I think RUF had to get Porsche licensing to produce their cars.

The red one at Goodwood is just a test mule at the moment. They probably just haven't badged it up

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

The red one at Goodwood is just a test mule at the moment. They probably just haven't badged it up

May have our wires crossed here.  I was talking about this white car, the subject of this thread.

52 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

May have our wires crossed here.  I was talking about this white car, the subject of this thread.

Aah oops. My bad, apologies. Maybe they ran out of badges? ?

14 minutes ago, firstone said:

Of course it's more than the exhaust system but how would you love to build and use one of like that. What size do you rekon the tubing is?

Harley's get away with it. ?

I was just looking at the exhaust, thinking that is would not be too hard to make something similar, but but it doesn't really have a muffler? For the street you would need to be able to quiet it down a little bit you would think. ?

Archived