Passenger floor - no A/C

Hi hotrodders,

ive recently had the aircon removed from my car...(3.2 chassis, RHD). The passenger footrest can now be moved back (replaced).

the only replacement floor panel avail locally at the moment (seems to be)  is an alloy one at a cost of $320. Seems a bit rich seeing it's not a race car and will be covered by floor mats. 

Floor

Here's a pic supplied to me.

do you guys know how I might get something cheaper eg. Made of wood? Where can I buy this? Tried Porsche parts, no 2nd hand avail.

if I can get a template (outline) on paper, I could get someone to cut one out in wood for me... just a thought.

Phil(bee)

make a template in cardboard, including the angle and note the thickness.

try some mens  person sheds or woodworking clubs.

could be made out of plywood but may need some fibreglass work or a gusset at the change in angle.

alternatively, someone with too much time, could fabricate one by laminating thin veneers with a small radius 

or carbon & foam core if weight is an issue.

You're missing the first bit (or maybe I am?)...how do I create a template? I need a template to make one.

i guess I can get the old footrest removed to start and with a gaping hole slowly trim a piece of cardboard into position... that is, if I can work out what the position is (& angle)...

2 hours ago, Philbee said:

Hi hotrodders,

ive recently had the aircon removed from my car...(3.2 chassis, RHD). The passenger footrest can now be moved back (replaced).

the only replacement floor panel avail locally at the moment (seems to be)  is an alloy one at a cost of $320. Seems a bit rich seeing it's not a race car and will be covered by floor mats. 

Floor

Here's a pic supplied to me.

do you guys know how I might get something cheaper eg. Made of wood? Where can I buy this? Tried Porsche parts, no 2nd hand avail.

if I can get a template (outline) on paper, I could get someone to cut one out in wood for me... just a thought.

Phil(bee)

Hi Phil

Yeah - I have one you can have, its an alloy recreation of the above. PM me.

The original plywood ones had a nice bend in them, which is quite hard to do at home unless you have experience redoing the rear woodwork in your Morgan roadster. 

Archived