Posting pics?

I tried on a windows computer and also on a android tablet. I am failing on the upload part, not the posting part? I am listed as a FUCHer so maybe I have limits?

This is what I'm getting:-

"There was a problem processing the uploaded file. Please contact us for assistance."

6 minutes ago, dan_189 said:

So is the forum supporting image uploads now??

So while we haven't officially supported the forum itself hosting images, Members and Financial Members have had the ability to post images of up to 500kb total.

This was because services like PhotoBucket supplemented this for us, which was great. Then, of course, PB went and made things more difficult...

So we've elected to increase the posting limits to 1000kb and 5000kb (just about 1mb and 5mb) for Members and Financial Members for now.

Currently in the pipeline we are working on a longer term solution, as well as some exciting additions to the forums functionality which we're all pretty pumped about. We think you guys will be too. So these image limitations are an intermediary restriction, as soon we will be changing how we will interact with images on the forum.

While I can't say when this is coming, it is looking sooner rather than later.

44 minutes ago, Orlando said:

So while we haven't officially supported the forum itself hosting images, Members and Financial Members have had the ability to post images of up to 500kb total.

This was because services like PhotoBucket supplemented this for us, which was great. Then, of course, PB went and made things more difficult...

So we've elected to increase the posting limits to 1000kb and 5000kb (just about 1mb and 5mb) for Members and Financial Members for now.

Currently in the pipeline we are working on a longer term solution, as well as some exciting additions to the forums functionality which we're all pretty pumped about. We think you guys will be too. So these image limitations are an intermediary restriction, as soon we will be changing how we will interact with images on the forum.

While I can't say when this is coming, it is looking sooner rather than later.

@Orlando, so to clarify, is that 5mb (for Financial Members) in total for all photos uploaded in total to the site all up, or total for uploads in a posting (composed of several photos), or 5mb each photo?

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

@Orlando, so to clarify, is that 5mb (for Financial Members) in total for all photos uploaded in total to the site all up, or total for uploads in a posting (composed of several photos), or 5mb each photo?

Good question!

For now the allocation is 5mb per FM account, 1mb per member account. While this probably isn't going to suit people wanting to put up albums worth of pics, it will do fo the meantime with smaller or basic images for the time being.

Once that fills up, for now, I know that I can delete peoples attachments from within the admin section, and I will look into how the best way is to do so from your own accounts. If there is an urgent request, however, I can delete a few/all of peoples allowance to make way. 

Just PM me if you want anything special, because it'll be easier for me to organise than posts in this thread :) 

• 3 months later...

Archived